MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Silver was a standard color besides the red/silver scheme for the F4s. The red frame, wheels, exhaust, and a lot of what may appear to be a magnesium look, is custom work by the current owner.

All in all, looks to be a babied F4 with a lot of custom material.

If you check out the F4S portion of the registry you will see a couple silver MV F4s: http://mvagusta.net/registry/1002

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Congrats on your new years purchase! You will not regret it! What made it a "must have" for you? Maybe I don't even need to ask...as it is the most beautiful motorcycle on the face of the planet :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I saw that bike posted on the Speedzilla forums.. sounds like you got it for an amazing low price. That's good, that magnesium stuff isn't cheap. I'd probably ditch the Arrow sticker on the exhaust, if they're RG3's any MV owner will know they're made by Arrow already. Nice bike, mine has Mg MV Corse wheels, but I'd prefer the 10 spoke Marchesini's.

·
Site Sponsor
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rearviewmirror said:
I saw that bike posted on the Speedzilla forums.. sounds like you got it for an amazing low price. That's good, that magnesium stuff isn't cheap. I'd probably ditch the Arrow sticker on the exhaust, if they're RG3's any MV owner will know they're made by Arrow already. Nice bike, mine has Mg MV Corse wheels, but I'd prefer the 10 spoke Marchesini's.
It's not real magnesium, just paint. I was at Barber last week and he has an Oro F4 in there, well brutale too, but it is nice. I like the real magnesium parts and will probably get a few, but maybe not. They won't make me any faster, just poorer.
------------------
I just got back from the first ride and the bike is great, except for the brakes. They have no initial bite and I have to use much more force than I'm used to to get the stopping power that I want. My 748R has 4 piston 4 pads in the front and they have so much initial bite and they don't fade near as much. So what have you guys done with your brakes? What is the weak point of the system, caliper, pads, rotors, master cyl.? I am going to switch out the pads asap as it may just be that simple of a problem.

The acceleration of the bike is amazing. A bit more than I'm used to, but it is welcome. Handling is nice. I need to get the suspension dialed in for me and then I think I'll be a bit happier, but it isn't bad at all for being setup for another person.

So all in all I'm very happy to be an MV owner.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
yes, very nice bike there with a lot of customization.

In the picture you're missing the plastic/carbon triangular piece between the airbox on the red frame.

I agree. I haven't found an answer with the brakes yet either. I've tried the Ferodo and Carbon Loraine pads and still not satisified. I've installed a brembo master cylinder and still I get fade rather quickly on the track. I'm hoping to try Vesrah pads next season.

Your bike has the upgraded Axis rotors. They're suppose to be lighter and better, but I haven't tried them.

I'd say if you have the coin upgrade the fork bottoms to radials and install 4-pad Bremo calipers. conversion runs around $1500. I was hoping to do that this off season but now I'm waiting to see the availability of the new fork bottoms on the new bikes like the Senna and 910R.

·
Site Sponsor
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gladio said:
yes, very nice bike there with a lot of customization.

In the picture you're missing the plastic/carbon triangular piece between the airbox on the red frame.

I agree. I haven't found an answer with the brakes yet either. I've tried the Ferodo and Carbon Loraine pads and still not satisified. I've installed a brembo master cylinder and still I get fade rather quickly on the track. I'm hoping to try Vesrah pads next season.

Your bike has the upgraded Axis rotors. They're suppose to be lighter and better, but I haven't tried them.

I'd say if you have the coin upgrade the fork bottoms to radials and install 4-pad Bremo calipers. conversion runs around $1500. I was hoping to do that this off season but now I'm waiting to see the availability of the new fork bottoms on the new bikes like the Senna and 910R.
There is also no chain in the photo. It has both on now.

I thought about the radial conversion, but thought I'd try some other remedies first. What about adapters to change the caliper spacing? If it is changed to 65mm with the proper offset then you could run a huge assortment of Brembo calipers. 65mm is what the new Ducati's have.

Here is an adaptor to change from 40mm to 65mm for upgrading old superbikes. They aren't pretty, but they work.

adapters

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Ride it for a bit and see if you, like many others, start to enjoy the progressive nature of the brakes rather than the light switch of some Ducati models. If not then swap pads first - if that doesn't do it try a master cylinder. Winter is also not the best time to decide on brake effectiveness if you are in a cold climate :)

We managed to arrange a meet with Tim at the Gap last year while he was aboard that bike. VERY nice and even better in person. Quite a buy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts