MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one have any info on what would be different (If any) between F4 1000R 1007 and 2008 model. I looked on the net and did not find any info.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
The 2007 and 2008 F4R's (2006/2007 actually, like in europe, since there are and won't be any R's produced in 2008) are the same, although the very later models R are Euro3 emission compliant as oposed to Euro2 like most of the R's.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MV-999R said:
The 2007 and 2008 F4R's (2006/2007 actually, like in europe, since there are and won't be any R's produced in 2008) are the same, although the very later models R are Euro3 emission compliant as oposed to Euro2 like most of the R's.
Got ya. That mean it does not matter wich year you are buying 06-07 they all the same? And what will be in 2008?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I talked to an MV rep who was on hand delivering a CC at our local dealer and he was pretty tight lipped but said not to expect anything major in terms of changes to the F41000. I believe we'll see a new bike in 2009. Read this article;
http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~6~id~155340~pid~1.htm

Apparently MV approached Team Roberts about running a WSBK effort next year which MV has apparently backed away from. This says to me that they're developing a new bike which they can compete, and win with, for the 09 season. I think the new rules stipulate 3000 examples by a certain date so perhaps we'll see something new mid-08.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys. I do not think it really concerns me. I am just weekend worrier and I will never use even a half of what this bikes can do, except running it on 264 to Drop Zone on a speed about 160 :) I manage to sit on both Agusta 2006s and 1098 (2008) and that what I notice. 2006 MV feels like Honda CBR 1000R 2007. The sit is so wide at the end that it pushed my legs out of the tank and I can see that if you drive 4-5H strait it can create dark spots :) The other thing: that sit is not long enough, and when I try to move back to lean forward, I quickly reached a limit. (I am 6.1) So I say (For me personally) it is not most comfy sit stile. Is any one can please comment that, who drove those beauties? :) When I sit on 1098, it is very narrow. And lags and knees feet almost perfect under sticking lines on the top of the tank. But it short and much smaller so I did not feel as confident as I felt on MV. 1098 feels like a moped :) But I have to be fare, that sit is more comfortable. And very important, that I could slide my ass all the way to the rear and lean forward without any discomfort. If anyone want or fell like make comments on this I would be really thankful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts