MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
19,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys....I will be in turn 2 working all weekend. My company has taken the old Ducati Island location for displays/hospitality/service/parts/etc.....

If you are at the MotoGP, come by and say HI.....Unfortunately, I couldn't bring Gina and am relegated to driving a cage all weekend....but come say HI anyway.

Anyone going to the AMA Mile Dirt Track Race at the fairgrounds????

The weather looks to be fantastic this year (finally, after hurricanes or blistering heat in years past).

See you there...:f4:

·
Administrator
19,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We'll be hard to miss, as the entire turn 2 area will be filled....3 tractor trailers with full canopies as well as other tents. The Grandstands in that turn are reserved for our customers. It's our 50th anniversary in the US this year, so we're celebrating!!

Just ask any of the other staff to point me out when you get there.

John, I doubt the cameras will see me...but I'll wave and smile anyway!!!

·
Super Moderator
22,301 Posts
That ticket will get you everywhere except inside the pits and the Museum.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts

Photo from 1st Indy Moto GP.

IMHO the Ducati grandstand area was the best place to be. So close to pit out you could feel the exhaust pulses as the bikes passed by. :yo:

3 sec. YouTube video: http://youtu.be/40Gx61JxWxU

Great viewing from the exit of T1 thru to T5 plus we had the big screen just over our right shoulder 1st year, left years following.
Lots of good photo ops too.

It’s just a short walk to the museum or the venders in the garages. It’s a bit of a hike to the manufacturers, venders display in the in field but you got to go there if only to ogle the girls. :naughty:

Because Ducati decided not to do the corporate thing :wtf: and we had planned on going to Bub5 we decided to skip the Indy Moto GP this year. Now I’m sort of regretting that decision. :( However, we’ll be going to Duck Fly South next month and Bub5 next year so it’s all good. :)

For those of you going don’t miss the flat track races, very entertaining.

·
Super Moderator
22,301 Posts
Cindy and I were holding white cards in the left side of the "D" in the Ducati Grandstands...we still have the cards and programs.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Cindy and I were holding white cards in the left side of the "D" in the Ducati Grandstands...we still have the cards and programs.
Linda was the red and I the white panels at the top of the left hand side of the “U” as viewed in the photo. (Upper right hand corner on the “U” when sitting in our seats.)

If you spent any time in the hospitality tent during the first four years you probably saw, spoke to my wife. She’s volunteered there and at gear check every year.

This was her now famous Indiana in front of the tent in 2010.

·
Super Moderator
22,301 Posts
We spent a lot of time in that area. Interesting we were so close...but no cigar!

·
Administrator
19,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And that is the area we have this year. Ducati is in the infield with the rest of the manufacturers....See you there!!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Great photos! Any recommendations for places to stand/sit?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
My bike shots were all taken from within the old “Ducati Island" area where esq'zme will be this year.
In past years people with general admission tickets have been able to sit in any of the regular grand stands on Friday and Saturday. It’s done to help people pick better (more expensive) tickets for the next year. However, as I believe this is the last year for the Moto GP at Indy they may be doing something different. Race day is another thing altogether. People will start lining up along the best fence areas early in the day. I’d pick a spot where I’d have a good view of one of the big screens and still be able to see one of the corners. Be sure to take a portable radio with really good headphones. Moto GP bikes are LOUD and the crowd can be even louder. You want to be able to follow the blow by blow coverage.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Hey guys....I will be in turn 2 working all weekend. My company has taken the old Ducati Island location for displays/hospitality/service/parts/etc.....

If you are at the MotoGP, come by and say HI.....Unfortunately, I couldn't bring Gina and am relegated to driving a cage all weekend....but come say HI anyway.

Anyone going to the AMA Mile Dirt Track Race at the fairgrounds????

The weather looks to be fantastic this year (finally, after hurricanes or blistering heat in years past).

See you there...:f4:
will be on the F4 for the dirt track and GP. Riding in from Chicago and will be there Saturday morning. It will stop by and say hi.

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Enjoy Ed. Couldn't make it last year or this year - made it to all the others at Indy. Hope that lovely lady made the trip with you. :)

·
Administrator
19,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pam had to work...I am alone!!! :bawling:
Neither my lady nor my 2 wheel mistress is here :(...but it promises to be a good weekend anyway.
Jason dropped by today and I got to drool over his masterpiece :mouthwate
and introduce him to some of my appreciative coworkers.....

Here is the Pit Out view from behind my work station....Crutchlow locking his shield on the way out...and some shots of Jason's Stealth Fighter..

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,301 Posts
Jason, the bike looks great!

Ed, enjoy my home state and make sure you get a GIANT pork tenderloin for me!

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Pam had to work...I am alone!!! :bawling:
Neither my lady nor my 2 wheel mistress is here :(...but it promises to be a good weekend anyway.
Jason dropped by today and I got to drool over his masterpiece :mouthwate
and introduce him to some of my appreciative coworkers.....

Here is the Pit Out view from behind my work station....Crutchlow locking his shield on the way out...and some shots of Jason's Stealth Fighter..
Good to see the new frame plates I made him fitted in place.

Oh and In my opinion this was the best motogp race of the season so far!..
Brian:)
brilliant racing!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts