MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with the indicators, sometimes they work, sometimes not. :wtf: All the bulbs and fuses are OK, I suspect the contacts in the handlebar switch but haven't had time to strip it and have a look yet. I just wondered if anyone else has had a problem of this nature on their F4 or Brutale? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Could also be the flasher relay which is the grey relay on the left hand side in the middle of 2 black relays.

That is the first thing I would check. Replacement relays are cheap (Under $5).

This is what the service manual recommends checking first in the event you are expirancing the problem you mention.

I assume your bike in under warranty ? Have the work prefromed by the service center under warranty.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
If not the flasher, and that's the easiest thing to check first with a spare, then look to the contacts connecting the mirror supports to the nose. Sometimes it takes a few tries to line them up.

Do you have carbon airtubes/elec covers? Even more likely if so.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JamesC said:
If not the flasher, and that's the easiest thing to check first with a spare, then look to the contacts connecting the mirror supports to the nose. Sometimes it takes a few tries to line them up.

Do you have carbon airtubes/elec covers? Even more likely if so.

Thanks Guys. James - I checked the contacts as I had changed the front fairing panel, they looked OK but the indicators work fine now so maybe I did have them slightly misaligned. Haven't got carbon airtubes......yet!! :naughty:

·
Registered
878 Posts
With my after market rear indicators, first I thought it was that too and ended up spending hours redoing the air tubes/nose fairing thing back and forth until I was blue in the face, but I wasn't so lucky! My problem was the after market indicators, which the new relay fixed. But good point James, I'm glad you mentioned it to John... :king:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys, that's what I really like about this forum. If you have a problem, people are always willing to help out with their knowledge and experiences. Long may this continue.

Hey, digressing for a moment, my bike sure pulls excellent power wheelies, :) had a bit of fun this afternoon with a guy in an Audi TT, :naughty: let him draw alongside and then whap, poor bas***d was left on the wrong side of the road passing nothin'. I guess there's a little kid in all of us. :naughty: Harmless fun ehh!! :laughing:

·
Registered
474 Posts
The service is too quick around here :smoking:

I didn't even get to ask "what has changed" since it worked properly. Anyone else use Kepner Tregoe process?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hi John,
I encounter this quite often as I'm always changing panels and as James said the problem is the contacts. I have spare set of mirror supports and one has the little locating nub broken off . As you tighten the screw through the support to the electrical panel it pulls the contacts apart and indicator either wont work or slow flash .

So be very careful when removing fairing to lift the supports free before pulling forward . :green:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Hi John,

This is a symtom of the flash unit on its way south!

Do not bother with the MV unit which is overpriced, any aftermarket flasher with the same rating will do, may not be the same shape or fitting, but can be adapted, and much cheaper (£5-10)

If you can't find one, let us know.

Kind regards,
Techie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts