MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an issue with the indicators on the 1078.
Right side indicators flash as normal, on the left side the flashing part is the issue.
Flick the handlebar switch to the left side and the indicator will light up, it then goes to a very dim light
before going completely off. So I get one complete flash cycle every 5 secs.

I have removed the fairing and checked over the mounts. All locating pins are there, connections
are good, lubed with electrical contact grease and reassembled the fairing. Still the same issue.
Tested the relay/control unit thats next to the starter relay and flashes fine.

Any ideas folks, is there another relay that needs testing, or do I pull the handlebar switch apart
and have a ferret in there.

Its obviously some kind of switching fault, but not sure where to go next.

Its has a datatool alarm fitted and the flash from the indicators when arming/disarming works normally

·
Super Moderator
22,348 Posts
Reading what you have written, I would loosen the fairing stays in accordance with the manual. That means first loosen the two nuts holding the mirrors, then loosen the stay bolt.

Now, with the left turn signal activated, tighten the fairing stay bolt until the signal flashes, then tighten the mirror nuts. Now tighten the stay bolt to spec watching the flash rate.

(Edit: I hate it when I take the time to write a post, then don't post it.)
This was written yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
22,348 Posts
What did you do to solve the issue...?
(It helps others....)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bit silly really, fitted a new indicator bulb 2 days back as a precaution when the issue first
became apparent. It was an intermittent fault, eventually the left side refused to blink at all,
just glowed orange.

So, do the easy bit first and fit a new bulb.... no luck there. As I mentioned earlier,
took the fairings off, checked contacts, relay etc.... Refit all parts and got a slow blink etc.

After a few glasses of prosecco, TING TING, refit the original bulb. Bingo, works perfectly.
The replacement bulb was 15 watt and not 10 watt as specified in the manual.

Not one of my better problem solving issues. :banghead:

·
Super Moderator
22,348 Posts
Whoops!!! Pretty easy fix though.

Thanks for sucking it up and posting the fix.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reading what you have written, I would loosen the fairing stays in accordance with the manual. That means first loosen the two nuts holding the mirrors, then loosen the stay bolt.

Now, with the left turn signal activated, tighten the fairing stay bolt until the signal flashes, then tighten the mirror nuts. Now tighten the stay bolt to spec watching the flash rate.

(Edit: I hate it when I take the time to write a post, then don't post it.)
This was written yesterday.
You are not alone....

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My pleasure Donsy, didnt find the root cause of the problem, but in a round about way got there in the end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts