MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brutale 1078 To the closest MV Dealer for the warranty repair for the headlight. Also rang up the first service and new water pump install with engine ice.

400 mi round trip. Avg speed 85mph, avg temp 49 degrees F, crosswind 22-30mph w 40mph gusts. Cloudy, rain for 50% of trip.
Me=40% frozen
Brutale=100% cool

Ran good with the synthetic oil in it, too cold to notice lower engine temps but it ran cool, never over 180.

Saw a new 1090 for the first time. The signals (front and back) are much improved. (but I already replaced mine) radiator guards are painted to match and look better. (did that to mine to) Bike feels the same, controls are all the same. I literally do not notice the size change. I like the black motor over my grey one. But would rather have my power and torque.

I'm so amazed by this bike, to have another gear at 70? The bike needs to downshift if you slow to 65, if you pin it ay 80, it takes off just as quick as in any other gear and you are at 110 without effort in a couple seconds. It's crazy.

Now just need to give it a good bath and get it spotless again.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So washed the bike down today, headlight lens survived the trip but guess what, fog in lens. I tugged at it but it wouldn't budge. Who knows, maybe it'll stay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts