MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not only does this bike have a ginormous price tag and a salvaged title, the frame looks as if it's been beaten by Al Capone and his baseball bat!

Check pic of the left side of the bike.

Anyway, most of you would probably have noticed.

But, I don't want to see anyone put over the barrell, have it wrapped with sandpaper, lubbed with baby powder, the broke off in there...

Sorry for the analogy.... you get my point!

http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/2/5/82839225.htm

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
that makes me want to cry...that poor bike.

there should be some kind of qualification exam a person has to take before being given keys to something like an MV. and the guy that had this one would fail.

why would you ever put a sticker on there that said "queen city ryders" ???!!!

and throttlemeisters!! wtf?

unless this bozo was a stunter and needed the throttlemeisters to do his stand-on-the-tank jesus christ moves.

and can someone explain why there is a large circular hole in the left side plastics - which looks like a hole for a frame slider - but there is none on the right?

this is just so wrong...

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Velocemoto said:
Vlad...frame is knackered.
also the hole through the fairing is common for crashed MV's.
If it wears right through like that, it usually means the ground has also come into contact with the frame at that point as well...
Yeah, that's what it looked like to me...I can't believe they're serious. Salvage title because it's clearly totaled, geez :rolleyes: and to top it off, they took it out in the rain for pictures (or worse, that's probably where they keep it).

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgive me for my stupid questions... but what is "knackered"?

Is that where it's tried to be bent back or something?

Or is it just another word for being facked up?

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Photographing bikes (or cars) in the rain is a common practice when the aforementioned vehicle has panel damage. The damage is not as apparent as if the photos were taken in the dry. It's a particular favourite with 'dodgy' car dealers. :flat:

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Vlad Drac said:
Forgive me for my stupid questions... but what is "knackered"?
Is that where it's tried to be bent back or something?
Or is it just another word for being facked up?
Knackered..Aussie slang for "f*cked up,had it,no good,tired,exhausted"
You're on the money mate. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
The price is a joke with sort of damage! You can get a mint 2001/02 model for that money here in the UK? WTF?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts