MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Althought I am french, living in Spain (barcelona), I will not buy a Voxan (I am not very into the National Proud), and dream about the Brutale for so long that I decided to buy myself a 910. 1500 Kms, july 2005, 12500 euros. It seems to me a good price considering the bike never crashed (to verify thought), and is like "new". The main raison involved in selling his bike, as he said to me, is the hight cost of maintenance and parts. I had made my Moto Guzzi dealer (I own a Centauro V10) phoned the Mv Agusta dealer and asked him (profesional to profesional) what can cost me to maintain such bike. The MV Dealer respond : "much higher than a CBR bran new, and if the bike is damaged by a small responsable crash ( in Spain, bikes can not be insured at full risk), you can suicide yourself". Well! After this comment from "an expert", I felt kind of scared. I have heard that in a stupid little crash (ex the bike fall down at stand and break the break o clush lever), you can not replace just the lever but have to replace all the break command system (witch is high above the price of a simple break lever). I know passion is above raison, but I would be very sad to have to turn passion in assle and disapointment. So guys, I suppose nobody accept you can give me a fair an honest survey concerning this matter and wait for your replies.
Thanks a lot and sorry for my english (especially my technical one).
I am suppose to buy the bike tomorow (sick)

·
Registered
293 Posts
This seems right, brake and cluch levers seems not to be sold separately... Don't be afraid it's not the same for other spare parts.
Don't forget that you can use alternative spare parts, such as a Brembo PR19 for the front brake or PR16 for the cluch... Exotic parts on an exotic bike... ;-) on the second falling you'll be able to change the levers only...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I did not know that for MV agusta, there were alternatives spares parts available. I thought that it had to be MV parts only. But if i have to change all the braking system (including the disks) just to be able to change the lever on a second fall, this will cost a fortune. I do no know the price of a complete Brembo set, but cheaper it is not.
I can see that you live in France, so you must speak french ;-)
You seem very well informed about the matter. Do you work in mecanic?

·
Registered
293 Posts
No, no I'm not a mecanic, just interested in my hobby ;-)
You don't have to change the entire brake system, to put a Brembo master cylinder (300€ aprox. for the radial PR19).
You can't change the lever on the original Nissin brake/clutch master cylinder, because they are specialy made for MV by Nissin (No other brand uses this design), and Nissin doesn't seems to want to sell the lever only... they are also making radial pump, but are harder to find, not cheeper...
On the first days I had a small rock that broke my head light (on an F4) it costed me 100€ I think (the glass part, the projectors and the reflective part are sold separately)
Bodywork part are quite expensive in France, but I found carbon parts in the US with good prices...
If I can help you, feel free to contact me on msn
;-)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot machine 748s for this informations (by the way what your name?). I will permit myself to had you on mi msn list and contact you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts