MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in ANZ for 2 weeks on tour, I find myself in brisbane over next weekend and my buddy I was gonna visit is off trying out new F1 cars or something in France...

Any of the ANZ MV crew round about those parts, wanna meet up with a fellow traveler for a pint or several?

Leigh.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing organized yet. sending PM's back and forth. tentatively thinking something on saturday.

I will be at the stamford plaza hotel, though I can get just about anywhere taxis will take me.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys,

Thanks so much for a great ride today, looking very much forward to tomorrow!

there's not a lot of communities where a fella can fly 9000 miles and step off the plane and have a network of friends -- but the MV folks, especially those here in ANZ are absolutely the best people out there.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Just a shame it was so cold! At least we only got a few drops of wetness at the end. Thermals packed ready for tomorrow.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Some pics of today's trip with our guest Leigh from Dallas

9032 - pre trip chat with the best bikes at the servo ;-)
9033 - an old classic
9039 - the lads with some nice Sunshine coast scenery in the background ;-)
9046 - Speed limits strictly adhered to of course ;-)
9050 - note Leigh's distress when reflecting on not having his F4

Attachments

·
Registered
988 Posts
Absolute pleasure to meet you Leigh :) You know your welcome back anytime. I hope you enjoy the rest of your stay. I hope the sun comes out tomorrow.

Steve and Jon, nice to catch up again, even if was briefly.

I was jealous I couldn't ride off with you guys today. Maybe next time......

·
Vendor
5,409 Posts
Looking forward to meeting you guys toomorrow and ride in my back yard.:yo:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am going to go home and pet my F4 wash and wax it, and maybe let it live in the guest bedroom, I miss you baby --- daddy's coming home soon!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Looking forward to meeting you guys toomorrow and ride in my back yard.:yo:
Mitch, it was AWESOME meeting you. I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to say good bye, after that slick patch*I needed a minute to recompose --- looking back on it now, I'm actually kind of proud of the recovery --- but anyway, you guys were awesome, i am planned to get back here in early 2013, on tour again, I will absolutely make sure my weekend over Is in BNE -- next time I will plan ahead and bring my own gear!

Jon-- you're hospitality pulling all this together -- simply amazing, mate. Thank you so much!

---
* due to loose road surface, i lost traction in both wheels at speed**and only a well placed foot on pavement kept me upright

** if you can call my grandmotherly pace on the Kwai "speed" lol. I kept hearing mitch's f4 and those bodis growling behind me: ' go faster...' lol

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
sorry i missed you m8 i had a flat rear lucky it was only a vavle but not fixed till 10.30

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
next time I will be there,bloody gear spring,would have loved to be with you guys,thanks Jon for the invite,but my brutale was out of action.
what a bitch,I always used to watch Dallas,and this was my main chance to meet a real texan,lol

cheers eddy:thewife::)

·
Vendor
5,409 Posts
Jon,it was great to finally meet you.Leigh hope you had a ball.Getting breath tested on Australian soil,riding through some our scenery and riding on one of our goat tracks,dont worry about the moment we all have to put up with our roads with patches like that,enjoy the rest of your stay in Oz.Some pics I took.[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Love the pics of the crowded streets of downtown Kyogle at 2PM on a Sunday afternoon. ;)
Cruiser, we did Brisbane - Canungra - Mt Lindsay - Kyogle - Uki (Dangerous, shit goat track - sorry for that Leigh) - Murwillambah - Brisbane.
RBT - random breath test - at Kyogle. Yes Leigh, in this country the cops can pull you over without reason to conduct an RBT and licence check. ;)

·
Registered
652 Posts
Sounds like the Sunday trip had a couple more "moments" then Saturday's? I was soooooo close to coming along on Sunday as well but the domestics got the better of me.

Enjoy the rest of your trip Leigh and maybe see you in Dallas next year when I come over - do they hire MVs over there? ;-)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts