MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today in bike-paper there is this notice:
MV WILL GO IN USA
La MV è ad un passo dall'America.La casa Italiana,in attesa di sbarcare nel campionato del Mondo SBK verosimilmente nel 2008,sta progettando una stagione "ponte"nell'AMA SBK,dove prenderebbe parte al campionato USA Superstok.Una scelta dettata sopratutto da ragioni commerciali,con l'obiettivo di aprirsi un mercato Oltreoceano dove la MV potrebbe trovare un discreto numero di estimatori.La squadra sarebbe sempre l'EVR Ormeni Racing e naturalmente il pilota Luca Scassa,che sta disputando una grande stagione con la quattro cilindri Italiana,con la promessa di essere poi uno dei piloti nel mondiale SBK.
Please translate... :drummer: :drummer:
Pisc paper article:
Pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hmmm...interesting!

From a crappy free translator:

"The MV is to a step dall' America. The Italian house, in wait of to disembark in the championship of the World SBK likely in 2008, is planning a season "bridge" in the hook SBK, where would participate the championship USA Superstok. A choice dictated above all from commercial reasons, with the objective of to open itself a market Overseas where the MV could find a reasonable number of estimatori. The squad The four Italian cylinders, with the promise of to be then one of the pilots in the world SBK."

·
6,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
luvtolean said:
Hmmm...interesting!

From a crappy free translator:

"The MV is to a step dall' America. The Italian house, in wait of to disembark in the championship of the World SBK likely in 2008, is planning a season "bridge" in the hook SBK, where would participate the championship USA Superstok. A choice dictated above all from commercial reasons, with the objective of to open itself a market Overseas where the MV could find a reasonable number of estimatori. The squad The four Italian cylinders, with the promise of to be then one of the pilots in the world SBK."
Sorry is no correct,paper said about Luca Scassa...
pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
MV in AMA Superstock?

That would be friggin' AWESOME! Now all of us USA based fans would be able to watch the MV compete on the track. Speed TV carries the Superstock series.

I wonder who will be running the effort? And who will ride? This is great news. I hope it works out.

Alex

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
This is the kind of news i have been waiting for!!! I hope this is not a bunch of BS because i would love to see MV racing on SPEED channel!!! :koolaid:

·
6,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
altoon said:
MV in AMA Superstock?

That would be friggin' AWESOME! Now all of us USA based fans would be able to watch the MV compete on the track. Speed TV carries the Superstock series.

I wonder who will be running the effort? And who will ride? This is great news. I hope it works out.

Alex
You can translate,
Paper wrote about Luca Scassa in AMA Superstok!!!
It could be FANTASTIC!!!!!
Are you happy if this will be realize?
pier

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
i will be VERY excited!
if MV goes racing in AMA Superstock, I will try to attend all the west coast AMA events - Fontana, Sears Point, Lagua, and maybe even Miller Motorsports.

alex

·
Registered
479 Posts
If Luca Scassa has not raced in the US, MV, who is also new to racing in the US, is making a big mistake choosing him as the rider.

He may be talented, but MV needs a rider that knows the local tracks, how the local series works, and can help the team with the right direction for the bike.

To come here and screw up the effort would hurt MV enormously.

·
6,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
luvtolean said:
If Luca Scassa has not raced in the US, MV, who is also new to racing in the US, is making a big mistake choosing him as the rider.

He may be talented, but MV needs a rider that knows the local tracks, how the local series works, and can help the team with the right direction for the bike.

I'm agree with you!
I think American track are so strange!
You know Laguna Seca,Hayden,Edwards that know track are fast,Vale and other are slowly....
Pier

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm excited for them to come here too, but I'd like to see them keep their momentum going, and come here and win...

Our tracks are more bumpy, most, other than Laguna and Miller, are less safe, and many have lots of slow and blind corners and elevation changes that several European tracks lack. I think the bike, and a Euro rider, will love Miller however.

Dunlop is the tire of choice here too, which he probably is not used to.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
i agree with this too. the usa tracks are a lot different from what riders see in europe. just ask neil hodgson.

btw, if ducati does not resign neil to AMA and he's available, i think he'd make an excellent choice as the rider for MV in the Superstock class. not sure if he'd take that deal. i think he wants back in WSBK.

alex

luvtolean said:

·
6,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
luvtolean said:
I'm excited for them to come here too, but I'd like to see them keep their momentum going, and come here and win...

Our tracks are more bumpy, most, other than Laguna and Miller, are less safe, and many have lots of slow and blind corners and elevation changes that several European tracks lack. I think the bike, and a Euro rider, will love Miller however.

Dunlop is the tire of choice here too, which he probably is not used to.
+1,
I see AMA SBK in Italian TV channel,the track are similar roads..... :stickpoke

1 - 20 of 31 Posts