MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do we have one? I was under the impression all vehicles had to now, however my MV keys dont look big enough or right type to have a transponder in them. (They are the original keys).

Not an issue, Im just curious.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Mines a 2003 and does not, it did have a CAT 1 alarm but removed to bring the loom to standard. they make a mess of the wiring. All good now :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers. It was a EU rule that all vehicle sold after 2003 had to have an immobilizer but I guess MV were exempt as a small manufacture. Even Aston Martin are a small manufacture so exempt (tho clearly they all have them)

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
My F4 1078 has one, the new B3 800 RR not...

·
Registered
842 Posts
The units fitted to UK bikes had an immobiliser (at least mine did). The unit fitted to mine was a Datatool S4. This is a combined alarm immobiliser, armed when you turn off the ignition. Other Dataool alarm/immobilisers also seem to have been used.

My bike is an '05 F4 1+1s. There was a fitting certificate provided in the paperwork with the bike (by Aygees (sp?) motorcycles).

I removed mine earlier this year because it failed and wouldn't disarm.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I think he is talking about the built-in system that is passive. My Guzzi has this. No alarm, just a passive chip in the key and a sensor in the cluster/ecu that will not allow the bike to start without that handshake with the key.

No FOB or anything, its built into the key. Its usually indicated by a flashing light on the dash when the bike is off.

Not the alarm. My MV doesn't have that built-in system. I haven't seen one that does (but I suspect the new models probably do).

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think he is talking about the built-in system that is passive. My Guzzi has this. No alarm, just a passive chip in the key and a sensor in the cluster/ecu that will not allow the bike to start without that handshake with the key.

No FOB or anything, its built into the key. Its usually indicated by a flashing light on the dash when the bike is off.

Not the alarm. My MV doesn't have that built-in system. I haven't seen one that does (but I suspect the new models probably do).
Yes thats what I was meaning. Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts