MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm trying to get an idea of what fellow F4 owners do 'immediately' to improve the performance/handling/looks from brand new.. I can immediately think of below based on the specs I got from my dealer:

1. Tyres - swap the dunlops with the Pirelli Diablos
2. Clutch slave - STM? I pulled the clutch on the F4 1000s at the dealership and it was heavy as hell..
3. Remove tail lights

Pls add to the list.. cheers

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hi, i'm trying to get an idea of what fellow F4 owners do 'immediately' to improve the performance/handling/looks from brand new.. I can immediately think of below based on the specs I got from my dealer:

1. Tyres - swap the dunlops with the Pirelli Diablos
2. Clutch slave - STM? I pulled the clutch on the F4 1000s at the dealership and it was heavy as hell..
3. Remove tail lights

Pls add to the list.. cheers
Why would you swap the Dunlops?
RR Qualifiers...

·
Living the Dream
2,759 Posts
1) remove one of the throttle return springs to ease throttle response
2) install HID kit if you intend to ride at night ever
3) replace slippery stock rearsets with something better
4) clean up tail section with a kit from one of our site sponsors
5) remove all reflectors on tail and front fender of the bike!!

there are sure to be many more, but these are some pretty easy inexpensive ones. Have fun!!

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
no immediate interferance needed, just fill with fuel and run-in them tyres & brakes

keep your cash for fuel & insurance and run the bike

:)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool.. are the Dunlops any good? guess i'm used to the Pirellis on my 848 - the Dragons and Diablos... would be nice to change the rearsets at some point

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Def clean up the reflectors. Perhaps tidy the tail area. The Clutch is fine for me and its virtually effortless and so are the throttle springs so I dont know what everyone is talking about.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Rearsets. Get some rearsets and make it a little more comfortable to ride.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Just ride it, it's not a value-engineered japanese bike, all bits are top quality and ready to race.

·
Registered
293 Posts
1- put the brake master cylinder where it belongs... the trash!! And go for a PR19x20
2- swap the original exaust with a set of RG3

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
I put some Rizoma grips on, but only because I had them as extras. The F4 doesn't need any mods. I will do some later, like rearsets but I don't feel the need like I did on my Rice burners. It's as close to a perfect bike that you can buy (for the money).

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Well I am sure he is not going to suffer the fuelling issues. If I had not suffered that I would not have gotten the exhaust and/or the race ecu...well maybe the exhaust cuz I must admit it sounds the dogs dangles!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
The only things that you must change a lot is your underpants...since once you get on this bike....you'll become that little child again and start wetting them.... :yo: :f4: :D

·
Registered
6,448 Posts

You should try riding a Buell then you'll think the F4 clutch is a light as a feather!:p

·
Registered
516 Posts
Impeller...unless the new models have the mod and don't suffer from running hot, or it's a prev owned bike that has the impeller mod installed

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Didn't think the STM clutch made any difference whatsoever. Oh, looks better.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
2. Clutch slave - STM? I pulled the clutch on the F4 1000s at

I suggest trying the clutch of another F4 just to make sure the first one you tried was abnormal. If it's still to heavy, I suggest on of these:

The F4's clutch is no heavier than a R1 or ZX6, ZX7 (my references) and it's a lot easier than a 996.

·
Administrator
20,343 Posts
Fender eliminator (tail tidy??)....the only thing that really needs to be done.

·
Registered
238 Posts
cool.. are the Dunlops any good? guess i'm used to the Pirellis on my 848 - the Dragons and Diablos... would be nice to change the rearsets at some point
Tyres (the correct spelling my colonial cousins haha) are subjective, but personally I feel that the Pirellis are good on track, but on the road go off almost like a switch being flicked. I do 100 miles per day (yep, she gets used and thrashed) so I found that out very quickly.

I decided to go for Avon Viper VP2's, harder centre compound and more mileage. I can guarantee I don't hang about on her, and for a week on the Isle of Man at the TT, those tyres, even on damp mornings going onto the Mountain round the goose neck, never let go or gave me any *pirelli moments* at all. They are brilliant.

And so my flock, there endeth today's lesson on tyre choice :drummer:

have a nice weekend.

ps. Do I go to Donnington for the WSB or watch it all on the TV? hmmmm

1 - 20 of 22 Posts