MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK EVERYONE

This weekend starts what is going to be the biggest and best year of racing, My man and many peoples favourite is on a very big mission of chasing Agostinis number of wins, and of course to teach Hayden a lesson

My prediction is obviously rossi this weekend, anyone going to disagree with me

The title this year belongs to Rossi, where it righfully belongs
get used to this image, get used to this bike winning week after week

Attachments

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Rossi's always done well there... Always??? LOL 2 years, anyway!

I think we'll see some surprises in GP this year. Stoner's my dark-horse pick for a podium this weekend. That's prior to qualifying, anyway.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow no one excited here, just me hey...?

tough crowd!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the group I ride with coming over Sunday afternoon to watch the 250's & GP.

Looking forward to cousin Val regaining his rightful title

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
i'm excited to see good racing. total wash outs aren't exciting. even though rossi had a rough season last year, it was more exciting watching him have to work hard and make a comeback. predictability is not exciting to me.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EDWARDS MATE WHAT ARE U SMOKING THERE
NOT A CHANCE
STONER APPARANTLY THE DARK HORSE, WELL I PREDICT HE WILL JUST FALL OVER AS ALWAYS

ITS ROSSI

hey all in light humour here too, just want my man to do a ricky carmichael and win every race of the season

·
Registered
571 Posts
anothermvfanatic said:
OK EVERYONE

This weekend starts what is going to be the biggest and best year of racing, My man and many peoples favourite is on a very big mission of chasing Agostinis number of wins, and of course to teach Hayden a lesson

My prediction is obviously rossi this weekend, anyone going to disagree with me

The title this year belongs to Rossi, where it righfully belongs
get used to this image, get used to this bike winning week after week
Hell ya! I'm F'N excited, my MotoGP subscription's all paid up and everythang!

Rossi looks determined(in his light-hearted relaxed kind-a-way)!
Edwards is also lookin' relaxed and very confident. I think he gets his first victory this year! Maybe Qatar?

I might have to change my season predictions.

1st. Rossi
2nd. Edwards

or vice-versa maybe?

Get ready....

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Vlad Drac said:
1st. Rossi
2nd. Edwards

or vice-versa maybe?

Get ready....

Rossi can put in a decent lap and qualify well even if the bike isn't working. And Rossi can win even if he isn't on the front row. The fact that Edwards is doing so well so early means only one thing... the Yamaha is working very, very well this year. Look out.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
interesting points here. I think one of the fundamental differences with rossi and the rest of the riders is that many riders can qualify well etc, pull good lap times etc when there against the clock. (but when it comes to the actual race, different thing) Thats why rossi is great. These riders and like many people say i think this person can do well this year etc, just because they do good lap times, ie Stoner, Hopkins.

What most people fail to mention is that these riders never get up to the calibre of Rossi, because these riders once on the grid and are ready to race can crack under pressure, therefore crash or dont do well. Thats where rossi is different.

I personally never pay any attention to lap times or qualifing, becuase i think it is a load of hogwash. We have all seen great riders like doohan, rossi, swantz qualify crap, then still win the race.

All these mentions of darkhorses like stoner hopkins and even edwards quite frankly make me laugh, they will never be great riders like doohan ,rossi, agostini.

I say bring it on

again only a passionate opinion here

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i should point out and clarrify that anyone who can ride a motogp bike, is a very talented individual, better than you or I for that matter.

My point is when i say they (meaning other riders) will never be great riders, i mean never be great like the likes of Ago, rossi, etc

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jst thought id clarrify, i dnt want to start world wars here

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
One real interesting thing to look at and nobody keeps these stats as far as I know, but... some riders finish better than they qualify. Others qualify well but don't finish do well... Of course you've got to sort out DNF's and crashes among the riders ahead...

In some cases it's tires. For example Capirossi had a streak where he qualified well, sometimes started even better but didn't finish so well.. I think his Bridgestones went away in a lot of cases. The Bridgestones were better last year and probably better this year.

It may be an interesting perspective but I haven't the time to go through it all.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Edwards is a bit long in the tooth. Don't think he'll suddenly change. May be a bit too early to say what may happen in Stoner's case. He's got a few years ahead of him.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Not at all saying Stoner will become an Ago but there's more than a bit of luck involved. You get a good team or a good bike or things click... You might win a few. On the other hand, you work, work, work and the bike just won't go - Nakano on the Kawi, Hopper on the Suzi... All the difference in the world.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Rossi is the only rider in history who can ride around set-up problems every-single time! You can NEVER count him out regardless of his qualifying or practice pace. I'm not talking a podium threat, he's a threat to win EVERYTIME! Kevin Schwantz said that about him and said he's never seen anyone like him.

Yes, the stars have to be aligned for Edwards to do well.... everything must almost be perfect. But that's what scary, the Yamaha almost is, so we'll see! 3 years with a team and developing(alongside Rossi), you're foolish to bet against him doin' well. He just might be 3rd in the Championship when it's all said and done. Remember, he's very smooth and never falls, and obviously consistency can win a Championship(Hayden 2006).

It's on....

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
emmvee said:
Edwards is a bit long in the tooth. Don't think he'll suddenly change. May be a bit too early to say what may happen in Stoner's case. He's got a few years ahead of him.
The thing about Edwards is that he really wants that first win in MotoGP. Look at how he rode at Assen last year, if he has a bike that can run at the front he will push for the win. If his bike isn't capable of running at the front he will ride conservative and not risk hurting himself. Rossi on the otherhand wants to win so bad that he will push regardless of where he is. He often over-rides a less than ideal bike and manages to get it to the front. He gets away with more than luck should permit although he has punted a few riders in his day (Sete and Melandri for instance).

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
BTW, Edwards finished 2nd and fourth at Qatar in the last three years, so he goes well at the track and he's fast out of the block.

·
Registered
571 Posts
RobP said:
BTW, Edwards finished 2nd and fourth at Qatar in the last three years, so he goes well at the track and he's fast out of the block.
This is true RobP, I'd be surprised(and disappointed) if Edwards doesn't get 2nd or better! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts