MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
31000 kilometers on my 2015 F3 just rolling along the highway and puff a smoke and engine shut down. It looks bad for cylinder one. What to do will pull head, but may be cheaper to source another engine.
Audio equipment Gas Automotive wheel system Circle Auto part

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I saw a black 800 engine on ebay with a seller in Aussie about a week ago. Let me see if it's still there.

Sorry to hear this super frustrating.

Sent from my Armor 9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,448 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I've been casually looking for another 800cc engine to build on the side but they all are more expensive than some F4 engines! You almost never see a TV engine. Either they are brutale, dragster or rivale engines. I've been wondering if the whole case is different or if you can adapt the hydraulic clutch to a non TV engine....

Anyway, any help I can be to locate parts etc let me know.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
This seller is in Qld. Reasonable $ for parts.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was considering changing to a later motor without the hydraulic tensioner. Can I drop in a brutale motor into my F3 and connect to my current ECU!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I can't think of anything that would stop you from doing that. You have the same engine. Only the TV guys have a shorter rev range and down on power. And you both have cable clutch..air box might be slightly different but you can swap yours over. Quick shifter I believe is in the same spot ( TV it's in a more upright position) Headers...you would use yours.

Yeah I think it would work just fine.

Reactions: Blinxnot

·
Registered
644 Posts

Here somebody installed a Brutale engine into a TV using ECUStudio.
Some helpfull information.

·
Registered
235 Posts
At least pull the head and check the damage on your own engine.

If the repair cost is even a bit more than a 20KM engine from a salvage yard with questionable service and use history IMO its better money spent to KNOW whats inside yours and especially that it's been upgraded.

Plenty of incidences of the 'black blocks' failing too:(
Never mind the additional cost of changing your base bike to an RR engine.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
That's a good deal two grand! I'd make sure the all the bolt holes and mounting points are not cracked or missing. Allot of them have been in an accident and they break mountings. Other than that they can provide you with compression numbers. I'd read through the return policy very thorough. Looks like a good motor to me.

How far away is the guy who is selling it from you? Can you inspect it yourself?

·
Old Wing Nut
23,290 Posts
Did you get Bruce's (Sleiper1) private message he sent????

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's a good deal two grand! I'd make sure the all the bolt holes and mounting points are not cracked or missing. Allot of them have been in an accident and they break mountings. Other than that they can provide you with compression numbers. I'd read through the return policy very thorough. Looks like a good motor to me.

How far away is the guy who is selling it from you? Can you inspect it yourself?

He's in another state. Too far for me to inspect. I've purchased a few items from him over the years and $100.00 aud to ship to my address

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
He's in another state. Too far for me to inspect. I've purchased a few items from him over the years and $100.00 aud to ship to my address
If all those things that I mentioned are good that sounds like a deal to me!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I managed to remove the head today. Included some happy snaps.
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Cuisine Gas Circle Auto part Currency
Wood Auto part Eyewear Metal Pattern

·
Registered
67 Posts
The picture is terrible. That's too bad.
I wonder why the intake valve spring is always broken.
I hope it'll be repaired well!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
What do your cam and springs look like? Also is your cylinder bore scored beyond repair or could you bore it out and re-apply the Nikasil coating?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts