MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced a dead battery and anyone want to guess what happened?

Yup, reversed the polarity. Ordered a 20 pack of 1N4007 diodes from Amazon. Thanks to the real brains here, I was able to trouble shoot it by doing a search and another search. Blew the 'master latch' 7.5 fuse and the 40A fuse on the left side.

Thanks gents for doing the heavy mental work for me.....I would have been screwed.

Christian

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Christian, While it is still fresh and for anyone else reading this please take a few moments to clearly mark your leads and terminals. Do it by the colors red and black, +- symbols, and/or text. It's easy to mess up. Use a quality tape. Take preventative measures to watch your own back.

Glad you were able to use this forum effectively to remedy a brainiac moment.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont congratulate me quite yet. Parts should get here on Friday and Ill button her up. I also started an oil change and had to file down the outer edges of the filter socket (its made from some sort of composite material). So Tomorrow is finish up the oil change and Friday solder in the new diode.

Then cross some fingers. Oh.....the kicker is I did the same thing on my old F4 back in 07 but it only blew the starter 7.5 fuse. Second time is the charm

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
"Repetition is the key to learning", Hyman G. Rickover...father of the Nuclear Navy.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Small update. While waiting for the new diode to come in, I sniped one side of the wires going into the burned out one. Flipped the key and now I have power to the entire bike! Didnt try anything else as far as flipping swithces or trying to start it. Gotta take the wins when they come. Fingers crossed gents.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts