MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My bike only has 900mi on it and today the headlight glass fell off. If thats not bad engough it fell right in front of me and exploded then i ran it over. I cant belive the glass is put on with a bead of silicon. The dealer says its under warranty. It better be Has this hapened to any body. I wonder how long it will take to get. they say its a sealed unit and $700.00 what would you guys do. :cussing: :mad:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Sorry to hear that, but I have not heard of any instances in Australia. You will have to "process" this as one of those things that happened but shouldn't have and move on.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Even though you're getting a new one...take it apart, and put RTV sealant in there. The stock silicone doesn't adhere to it, so you may very well be in the very same predicament you are in now, with a brand new one fresh out of the box.

There have been others with the same issue....the solution is the RTV sealant ON TOP of the silicone already there, don't scarape it off. The silicone there kinda acts as a grip already, as well as an additional bonding surface for the RTV sealant.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Riding around on a expensive Italian Motorcycle with no headlight. Or not riding it when its perfact that sucks. How long it takes to get a headlight. pick one.

·
Registered
645 Posts
happened to me, got it replaced under warranty, but it took a while.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Take the bike back!!

RobP - the big deal is that if it happens to you.... you cant ride the bike at night for a while as you patiently wait for a replacement.

If my headlight fell off, I would at least ask the dealer for a ride bike till the replacement part came!

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
I don't do much night riding plus the weather is shit right now. Maybe you can have them replace it with the headlight off a floor bike until it gets in. Good luck.

·
Registered
822 Posts
spalding12 said:
3. update your registry so we'd know WHICH bike you own
What for, so none of us end up with it someday? :smoking: :laughing:

All joking aside, I had a headlight problem early on, my hi beam had a mind of its own and would inadvertenly turn on all by itself. When I removed the headlight housing and took it apart, there was an unidentified piece of plastic rattling around inside. Maybe they need to take Guissepe off of the head light section of the assembly line, and put him somewhere less likely to cause any serious injury, brakes for instance.

·
Registered
822 Posts
gazman said:
you cant ride the bike at night for a while as you patiently wait for a replacement.

At night? You'll get a hefty ticket in most places for riding without a headlight, most states require a motrcycle to burn its headlamp during the day.

·
Registered
330 Posts
you might be able to get one of those strap on monster front plates with the projecors they slap on all the wrecked Jap bikes. actually, that might look pretty tough. hmm, and no worries about shaking the housing apart. that spooks me cause I just started hearing a rattle from around my instrument cluster. I have some inspectin' to do when I get home.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Street Fighter said:
My bike only has 900mi on it and today the headlight glass fell off. If thats not bad engough it fell right in front of me and exploded then i ran it over. I cant belive the glass is put on with a bead of silicon. The dealer says its under warranty. It better be Has this hapened to any body. I wonder how long it will take to get. they say its a sealed unit and $700.00 what would you guys do. :cussing: :mad:
Yes I had to same thing happen to me recently see my comments in the "Fastest Indian Rally" Contacted the dealer but haven't heard back yet. Finn a forum member has loaned me a broken one (cracked lens) which you can lift the lens with your finger nail already.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
The rattling from your intrument cluster, is likely your mirror glass. If it sounds like a metallic jingling, it's your ignition teeth, or whatever they're called rattling against your key.

That's the stuff you wanna get...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts