MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the end of a VERY energetic day riding the best curves Southern Indiana has to offer, my fuel light came on. Odd, I just filled up, oh well, we had been riding like assholes in excess of 100+ mph for awhile, probably shit for gas mileage. Sitting at a light waiting to turn left to a gas station, I look down, fuel pouring out on the ground. Not good. So I run the light while it is still running, bike dies and I Flintstone it to the pump. Buddy right behind. Pull the tank (I carry tools). 1 of the fuel lines had pulled out of the connector on the fuel rail. Guess worm gear wasn't tight enough. 10 min later, was sorted and bike was being put back together. Tank on, added gas, bike fired right up. Filled tank and finished bolting it on. Off down the road. Didn't need to be rescued. Yay.
I will say, we did rescue a crashed lady biker while out. She was good physically, bike was good, her emotions left some to be desired.
And OMG have I said how much I love the Road Attack 2s. They got so hot and so sticky I could do no wrong.
Hope the weather is as fantastic where you are.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Great story! I'm picturing you "Flintstoning" as I type this.......ha!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While dodging 2 lanes of hwy traffic. :) Just glad it was an easy fix and I had my allen key set. I got that tank off in 5 min. :) We had also just ridden 5 miles of hwy with not a gas station in sight. The MV gods were smiling on me. My light had been on for awhile.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
I liked the flinstone description! Glad you made it out okay! MVs are very easy to work with if adjustments need to be made, that's for sure!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts