Super Moderator
22,302 Posts
[/ATTACH]Vanson for me!

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks i was looking at the gimoto sk2.How much did u pay for yours silent?And well i love the helmet and does it come with a hump i am not seeing yours if it is there.And booths and sliders does it come with it

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I am also partial to SPIDI leathers and OXTAR boots now TCS. gloves are always TEKNIC. and usually nothing matches hahaha. Black and Silver suit, Red boots, Red Gloves, or Black and Silver gloves.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Does your local racing authority have any requirements for leathers to match up against? Would be good to check that, I know here suits have to have a label sewn in. For big manufacturers, you can get them to add it if you bought the suit overseas and it has been allowed already locally.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually in my country there aren't laws for motorcycle riders besides having a helmet.The motorcycle officers here dont stop you unless your doing stunts.You could pass him 170mph and he may wave because off duty he rides with a club or you.I really want to start practicing racing and setting up my bike so thats my interest.

Oh ps the speed limit in my country is 80kph

·
Registered
125 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! My wife is from Trinidad & Tobago, Chaguanas to be exact. I am also looking to pick up some leathers and have decided on Dainese. Try on different kinds before you buy them. I'll have to look you up next time we are down for a visit.

- Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
riding leathers

Ahhhh......
the constant quest for the perfect set of leathers!
I have always been impressed with both Vanson and Dainese in the past.
I recently picked up a new Dainese jacket and to my dismay, found that compared to my older Dainese, the materials quality appears inferior to my older set. The zipper is a smaller and less robust part especially. Then I noticed on the label that it had been made in Poland rather than Italy.
Is this common now? Or did I get ripped off by a "knock-off"?

All in all, I think the time and effort and just a few extra $$ spent at Vansons, will repay you many times over.
Especially since they have a great perforated leather.

Best to all !
:f4:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry, this note was supposed to be a reply to Trini's thread about racing leathers.........
I screwed up my posting!!
Ughhhh!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks the main problem is i want great kangaroo leather suits with mv logo and design plus i want another il look into dainese leathers for everyday use.

·
Super Moderator
22,302 Posts
I love the mv design are there others?

Hi Trini! I had the suit custom made for me at Vanson Leathers. Their design guy (Kevin) and I spent six months getting what I wanted right so that it matched up to my F4 312R. Pricy, but money well spent. [/ATTACH]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Why dont you check with Jay at Vesuvio (forum sponsor) for original MV leathers 2008 collection . I have never seen better looking set . They have perfect match for 1 or 2 piece leathers with mathing gloves . Check them out !!!

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
How about something like this?

These are Kangaroo and have an MV Agusta Logo.

Lasz mich nicht lachen! Oder weinen...

Anyways Carl, you picked up the Chris Burns leathers eh?

How do you rate the Spyke quality then? They used to make the MV leather stuff. I wasn't too impressed with the fit and quality of their MV jacket, and had to have it brought up to spec by Hideout. I threw away the MV Spyke made gloves. Pure trash, I'm sorry to say.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
You could try out made to measure leather suits from Schwabenleder or ALNE in Germany. Plus there You can design Your Suit the way You want it. A Company that makes on of the best boots is Frey Daytona. For a few bucks more they make the boots in every color You want.
www.schwabenleder.de
www.alne-leder.de
www.daytona.de

1 - 20 of 30 Posts