MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My indicators (rear) was 2 times replaced... still moisture in it.. an dirty at the bottom, because I drilled a small hole in it, to release the water...
My warranty is ending in Feb.
now I changed the indicators to after marked ones from "Kellermann" in black..

and as I worked on it, I've seen that the license plate light was flickering and moisture also in it.. so I changed this as well with one from "Kellermann" a bit expensive but really good quality!!
I'm happy with the result and think it looks better !!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
They look good Gero :yo:

Did you have to make up a bracket to fit them behind the licence plate or did they come with suitable hardware? Also did you splice into the wiring behind the plate or go all the way to the connectors on the bottom of the swing-arm?

·
Registered
870 Posts
My indicators (rear) was 2 times replaced... still moisture in it.. an dirty at the bottom, because I drilled a small hole in it, to release the water...
My warranty is ending in Feb.
now I changed the indicators to after marked ones from "Kellermann" in black..

and as I worked on it, I've seen that the license plate light was flickering and moisture also in it.. so I changed this as well with one from "Kellermann" a bit expensive but really good quality!!
I'm happy with the result and think it looks better !!
I have the same question as Bumpkin, as I will come to that at some point as well. I see you have them mounted upper which should help for the rear visibility as well (my wife insisted that original ones are too low to be visible when she follows me on her Street Triple)... I remember that Rizoma is providing a specific mount for this (reference is FR418B, and it comes with additional connector as well to allow fitting with any blinkers - while the MV ones are likely to be plugged in with JWRF connectors): Is it what you used?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the same question as Bumpkin, as I will come to that at some point as well. I see you have them mounted upper which should help for the rear visibility as well (my wife insisted that original ones are too low to be visible when she follows me on her Street Triple)... I remember that Rizoma is providing a specific mount for this (reference is FR418B, and it comes with additional connector as well to allow fitting with any blinkers - while the MV ones are likely to be plugged in with JWRF connectors): Is it what you used?
Hi Marc and also Hi to Chas,

well, that was another point because I wanted change the indicators - they are to low you can't see them ...

I made a U braket from alloy (2 Euro) painted in black and I used the original wiring!! Because if I want to change the after market to the OEM I need anyway new indicators. And there is a cable fitted. So what the point to strip everything off and lay down a new cable? It was an easy job.. quickly done!!
And I love it!! :grin2:

·
Registered
870 Posts
Hi Marc and also Hi to Chas,

well, that was another point because I wanted change the indicators - they are to low you can't see them ...

I made a U braket from alloy (2 Euro) painted in black and I used the original wiring!! Because if I want to change the after market to the OEM I need anyway new indicators. And there is a cable fitted. So what the point to strip everything off and lay down a new cable? It was an easy job.. quickly done!!
And I love it!! :grin2:
Good idea... However, I did exactly this in the past to put back blinkers on a Triumph TT600 ex Cup... Unfortunately, at some point the U braket broke due to vibrations. You may need to do some reinforcement...

·
Registered
870 Posts
:wink2:well the alloy U bracket is 3mm thick, if it break the bike will break before:wink2:
Good luck with that... Depends the way you build the U bracket. Torsion means introducing weakness. The U bracket I did for my wife's bike was on a 3*20 mm alloy plate on which I applied torsion on both end side... May be the way I did it, but 5000 km later, the blinkers were travelling around the bike, just hanged by the wires... :grin2:

And few kms later (about 150), the license plate was gone as well :grin2: (it was fixed the same way, simply it was not a U, but a L :grin2:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok Marc,
thanks for the Info I will keep an eye on it ....
But for now it looks and feels very solid!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Has anyone on this forum done away with the rear number plate/indicator hugger and fitted a separate tail tidy under the rear seat ??? I know this would affect pannier fitting but I would like to see what it looks like ??:grin2:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think it will not work for the TV... because of the panniers!!

I ordered the Rizoma FR418B bracket just in case.. :) and for optics.. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was sick of indicators as well, 4 in 2 years, MV really need to get their QA sorted. I purchased a R&G tail tidy and indicators. £120 + 90 mins to fit. Alan at Cupar motorcycles fitted it for me and did a fantastic job. Apparently there were a few issues with cable lengths and some re working was required plus resistors. Picture attached.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,357 Posts
@alantomkins: Please use PREVIEW POST before posting pictures. As you can see, what shows here is not always what you see on your source. You can reorient the photos before you post by saving as jpeg.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts