MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may remember my hot day ride a couple of weeks ago. Well, dummy has done it again.

I rode to Pearce airbase north of Perth today - and lost quite a bit of weight as well as picking up a killer headache. I just noticed that the temp was 45.5C (114F)! I knew it was going to be pretty warm, but not that bad!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Don't forget that riding is an athletic sport. It requires intense mind and body concentration. Add very hot temperatures and you're going to subject the body and mind to extremes! Carry extra fluids and rest when possible!!!:)

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I'd say both....but thats what an MV can do to ya. :)

Don't worry you're not alone :friday: ...I've been stupid enough to do it twice in two days in 40C...long rides in stop go traffic :ahhh: , took me a nearly week to recover.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Sventekoz said:
Some of you may remember my hot day ride a couple of weeks ago. Well, dummy has done it again.

I rode to Pearce airbase north of Perth today - and lost quite a bit of weight as well as picking up a killer headache. I just noticed that the temp was 45.5C (114F)! I knew it was going to be pretty warm, but not that bad!
Based upon your profession and educational background, I'd say you are not dumb. You are living in Oz and have an MV so you're not unlucky either. Addicted maybe?

CAG

·
Registered
503 Posts
Last summer Donna and I rode from Phoenix to Laguna Seca in record breaking heat. We stopped every hour to hour and a half and drank at least half a litre of water at every stop.

Once, on the second day we pushed on for better than two hours and both noticed a loss of concentration due to dehydration! Drink plenty when you ride, the relative wind effect dries you out more than realize, especially in hot conditions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts