MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, first post so first I'd like to say cheers to all you MV peeps.

Ok, down to biz. I currently am on a 08 CBR1000. It's a great bike but I'm thinking its time for something different. The new F4's look stunning. My biggest concern is all that bad hype I have read about fueling and software settings. Recently I read that there is a new update but I have not seen any end user reviews or comments. So what's the story? Are these bikes just pretty to look at or will they deliver the amazing riding experience I'm looking for? Also has anyone been on the RR vs the R vs the base model?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
To be fair, I think most of the issues I've ever read about post 2010 have been with the 13+ bikes. (I've certainly had none on my '10.) The introduction of the quick shifter, ride by wire, etc seem to have be the cause of most fuelling complaints, not present on the 10-12 bikes, but most folks seem to appear to consider those sorted now.

Si

·
Registered
445 Posts
I read the opposite. I`m not wanting to be critical, but I have read no comments about fueling in the 2013/14 bikes but plenty from the media and owners about issues in 10/12. You are right they seemed to have fixed the 10/12 bikes. But you wonder why MV changed to a different ECU manufacturer if they thought there were no issues.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
The issues arose with the 13/14 bikes with the new electronics. The 12 bikes have no fly by wire or electronic suspension or qshifter issues. But the issues have been addressed
And they are running better than the initial release.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
357 Posts
Well having owned 2 1000rr's the last of which was a track setup 2012 HRC as seen in my gallery photos...I can say this.

I've rode several MV's. Have the f3 675 and now own an f3 800 as well. I rode a 2013 F4RR and loved the bike. Settings galore and the adjustability of everything was amazing. To me the bike (don't hate me here guys) has more power than I need) and it can't be utilized to its full potential in a track setting anywhere around where I live.

I ended up buying the 2014 F3 800 after riding the F4RR. The flick ability of that bike is unparalleled. The torque curve is fantastic and it is a blessing to work on. Everything is accessible.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I wouldn't get one now ,if I have my way and I can get back my money I'll give both to mv agusta
I have 05 and a 14 f4 and thy both are sh**********t,mv don't care bout what happend after thy sell you
The bike ,my new one only did 185chp on the dyno with a Bodis slip on at 12800 rpm at 13000rpm at was
Lower 179chp so here you go ,hp4

·
Registered
661 Posts
For general sportbike use, the 14 F4 will dazzle you with some serious innovation and exotic feel over your current bike, IMO. But it will have its differences that you will have to get used to. Because the bike is leading edge you may have to open to some new learning in order to get the best out of the F4's features as there are a plethora of adjustments. Reliability wise I don't see the F4 as being any more so than any other good bike, but you may not be able to take it down any street for service like a Honda. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
The ride reviews are terrible. I don't hold journalists in high regard so I want to hear from the actual owners. A tests ride is a two hour drive so just trying to get educated before I get there.

Journalists talk crap. The HP4 wins the reviews but not one superbike race. Go figure. All corrupt if you ask me. Ride the bike yourself and make your own mind up.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I wouldn't get one now ,if I have my way and I can get back my money I'll give both to mv agusta
I have 05 and a 14 f4 and thy both are sh**********t,mv don't care bout what happend after thy sell you
The bike ,my new one only did 185chp on the dyno with a Bodis slip on at 12800 rpm at 13000rpm at was

Im going too laugh terribly when you dyno your new bmw and it gives you the same figures. Better still maybe 5 hp at 13500 rpm.

But i wouldnt buy a RR now either. Id wait till 2016 and get the new F4. With 3 years of WSBK potentially under its belt it will have been re developed and a new generation MV.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I am not a big fan of wait and buy the new x, y, z when it comes out. The first intro means lot sof bugs and defects. Getting the final run of something, now that will result in the fewest headaches and the desirability of something no longer made.

·
Banned
676 Posts
Never buy...

I am not a big fan of wait and buy the new x, y, z when it comes out. The first intro means lot sof bugs and defects. Getting the final run of something, now that will result in the fewest headaches and the desirability of something no longer made.
"Never buy anything wait. Wait and see if someone dies from it first." - Lazarus Long

At least I think Lazarus said that... It's appropriate anyway.

·
Banned
676 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Im going too laugh terribly when you dyno your new bmw and it gives you the same figures. Better still maybe 5 hp at 13500 rpm.

But i wouldnt buy a RR now either. Id wait till 2016 and get the new F4. With 3 years of WSBK potentially under its belt it will have been re developed and a new generation MV.

Ive personally seen hp4s on a dyno with a exhaust and flash hit the 200hp mark at the wheel it seriously would be the best all around bike out there if it weren't so hideous looking the front end looks like its winking at you and it did win isle of man tt this year

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Ive personally seen hp4s on a dyno with a exhaust and flash hit the 200hp mark at the wheel it seriously would be the best all around bike out there if it weren't so hideous looking the front end looks like its winking at you and it did win isle of man tt this year

I look at it only as bragging rights. Which is just your ego and type of personality. Its beeeeen mentioned a million times on this forum and many others i bet. Who here really is going to spot the difference from 185-200 hp ? I know my CC probably doesnt hit 200hp but i dont care its plenty fast but who knows forum members on here might be rossi or lorenzo using weird names. Lol

·
Registered
229 Posts
Other then the dyno numbers; why are you so unhappy w/ MV ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hahaha done that ordy and it was right on the money on 2 hp4s,also a zx10 that at 198chp with a slip on and pc5 ,I'v done the same with MVs and none aver came close to the climes ,so you tell me or just keep laughing on ,,,,,,

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm unhappy with mv cause at 300 miles thy had to repair my tank to stop it from spraying fuel over my face and helmet ,at 600 miles my abs and Tc had to be repaired also my dash replaced cause it's not reading the Tc signal ,the bike temp if the day temp goes over 75 and I'm in traffic goes so hi and the rpm also go so high up to 2600rpm so I can't put the bike in gear with out it shutting off,horn wires had to be repaired 2 times,the steering looked on my riding at 20 miles I couldn't turn the bike it just kept going straight ,the 2nd time that happened it caused lots of money and time to repair,the quick shifter never worked ,so far never felt the abs working and I'v tried to get to go on,on the road it has some type of dip in the power that is not fixable by mv so far also as you can tell have lots of people around me with BMWs and I can really tell the performance difference I'll have to do a lot to stay with thm ,and over all the callousness of Mv twrd there costumes ,and finely the discolor of the fairing close the engine ,and I'll keep you posted o
If you want some more

1 - 20 of 80 Posts