MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a long hiatus, I'm back!

When I was last here, this was the, "The Kitchen Sink," not "Lee's Kitchen Sink." For that matter, when I was last here, Lee was still alive.

When I was last here, (6 years ago), Obama was President. I've often mused about the horrifying glee with which the rabidly right that used to, (and perhaps, still do?,...I don't know yet, we'll see), run this site must have felt after Trump's election.

I'm sort of glad I missed that. Carl must have been beside himself with joy. I can only imagine.

And if the rest of the internet is any gauge, I'm guessing Carl and the rest of the gang are just giddy over our rapid descent into fascism.

Oh, and in case any of you are wondering, I got banned for calling a guy who told a racist joke about why aspirins are white, a, "racist." Yeah, go figure, a guy tells a racist joke and I call him a, "racist." What was i thinking? Go figure!

But, hey, I'm not bitter!?

In any case, good to be back.?

·
Administrator
19,852 Posts
Welcome back..... but be sure to leave all politics in the GPR thread..... That's what it is there for.

Reactions: gotojoe

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey, Ed.

The GPR thread? Okay.

So what's Lee's Kitchen Sink for?

And where is the GPR thread? I can't even find it. It's not in The Lounge. Where did you scoundrels hide it? Are you guys so (understandably) embarrassed by your right wing politics that you've now taken to hiding the politics thread?

·
Super Moderator
22,345 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,345 Posts
Please don’t make me regret it. It will be short-lived.

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
After a long hiatus, I'm back!

And if the rest of the internet is any gauge, I'm guessing Carl and the rest of the gang are just giddy over our rapid descent into fascism.

In any case, good to be back.?
I stay away from the GPR thread because it is full of idiocy from all sides. I found your comment here interesting and just had to respond.

First, the definition of facism:

a political philosophy, movement, or regime that exalts nation above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition.

Other than the dictatorial leader part, the rest fits in with the movement of the left. Certainly nothing any conservative believes.

I wasn't here when you were but welcome back anyway. This will be it for any hint of politics from me. :)

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
WOW!! The return of Elton! Never saw this coming. Welcome back! Does this mean you're getting a bike?

Reactions: iamlance

·
Super Moderator
22,345 Posts
If this thread continues down this vein, I will either merge it with GPR or delete it.

·
Super Moderator
22,345 Posts
Elton, do you still have the bikes you had? Are they in running condition?

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Welcome back Elton :smile2:

Is your remaining Duc 907 the one we had to bump start down the far side of Blood Mountain on one of the Bubs? >:)

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I don't think I ever brought a 907 to Bubbalicious, but I could be wrong about that. I typically brought the F4, and a track bike, but If anybody remembers me having a 907 at Bubbalicious, please correct me.

One thing is likely, if I had a 907 at BL, it may very well have needed a bump start. The 907 has an inherently deficient charging system. Ducati's answer to the inherently deficient charging system? Buy a battery tender.

You gotta love Ducati! Smh.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Well, there you have it! A picture is worth a 1000 words. I honestly don't remember ever bringing a 907 to BL, but clearly, I did.

That's the same 907 I kept. I sold the other 2. And yeah, I'm sure we had to bump start it.

It really is a fun bike to ride!

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Absolutely! You can't find a more gracious host than Randy!

And I should have been awarded a medal of some sort. Carl and everybody egging me on every day, trying to drag me into a political discussion, and I would always refrain....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts