MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold the F4 back in 2011 along with 5 other bikes to fund a new house purchase. I was cleaning out a closet and tried to sell some jackets. One of them was an original red/silver F4 jacket. Long story short, it didnt sell but the wife told me to put it on and her response was, 'Dont sell the jacket, get another MV!' Just when you think you got them figured out.....

Put a deposit on a 2005 red/silver F4 just like my old one. Its gonna take a few weeks to iron out shipping etc. But its nice to have a bike again!

Cheers,

Christian

·
Super Moderator
22,875 Posts
Nice!

·
Administrator
20,782 Posts
Christian....you have a good wife there !! Welcome back !!

Reactions: anothermvfanatic

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Congrats on the F4 purchase. Bet you can't wait to collect it and pick up where you left off all those years ago.

You know I'll take the credit for this for reneging on the jacket!!:smile2:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on the F4 purchase. Bet you can't wait to collect it and pick up where you left off all those years ago.

You know I'll take the credit for this for reneging on the jacket!!:smile2:
Yup, totally your fault hahaha.

·
Premium Member
2,933 Posts
Talk to theknurl if you need more jackets.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all. At this point its a waiting game for the transport company. Buying a bike from a seller out in the sticks has its upsides and downsides.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Thanks all. At this point its a waiting game for the transport company. Buying a bike from a seller out in the sticks has its upsides and downsides.
Can understand that. We have it lucky in UK. Can hire a van and go from one end of the country AND BACK in less than a day!!:grin2: As mentioned long ago, I drove 6 hrs each way to Glasgow, Scotland to view mine before arranging a transporter. All worth it in the end!!:wink2:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally showed up today. Covered in dust from the transit in an enclosed trailer...go figure. 6 hours later of cleaning and swapping out after market parts, im wasted. Put a few miles on her and what a great feeling, like she never left. Dropped my 'goto' helmet helping the transport guy unload, so Ill be wearing my Rothmans Arai until I can get another daily helmet. My old Caberg modular was great, might snag another one.

This is the first time I have bought a bike unseen and was pleasantly surprised. Normal marks on the belly fairing, dirty as hell but cleaned up perfect. I spent the last couple weeks buying parts online to put it back to stock. Kinda felt bad pulling a perfect black carbon front fender off but found a NOS red one in Italy for cheap. Tomorrow ill strip off the Ago sticker kit and hopefully get it registered.

I owe you one Nigel!

·
Administrator
20,782 Posts
We want to see it !!!

Attachments

Reactions: silentservice703

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hot off the presses....

And this one is from the 'for sale' ad. Not bad but I could see things I needed to swap out change for my liking. She just needed a good scrubbing to look purdy again.

A small nick here and there but nothing I cant live without. Took her on another ride today, no issues. Got an oil change in the mail, getting some engine ice probably tomorrow if I dont pick up my new Africa Twin.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts