MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Awesome racing as expected from Michael Dunlop having won on every manufacturer's bike he's raced on ..., Honda ., kawasaki.., Suzuki ..,Yamaha ....,and now BMW.
9 wins now and he's only 25 years old!
Make no mistake about it..., he IS the real deal in this arena.

On a more sober note RIP Karl (Bomber) Harris who lost his life today in the superstock 1000 race.

The 'roads' are cruel and unforgiving.
Brian.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Race and lap records were shattered during Saturday's superbike race, conditions were 100% perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL7P7OkTCDI&feature=youtu.be

He's 44 years old too - there's hope for us yet Ade!

We have coverage of the best road racing event in the world over here and I'm recording it and watching it the evening after the race.

Lastly, may I offer my condolences to the Harris family and his friends.
These are brave men.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Second person to die this year, very sorry to hear.
I watched the on-board lap from Bruce last night, crikey, that's insane.
Also watched the sidecars, those guy who crashes out of the lead where lucky to be okay, they where going quick.
We get the footage a day late, but still better than ever before.

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
And Simon Andrews the week before at the NW 200

As I said..., the 'Roads' are unforgiving and cruel......., or as Photographer and Author 'Stephen Davidson' puts it....."A Beautiful Danger"

Racing the roads (especially the TT course) knowing that one 'very small' mistake can be fatal is the most exhilarating adrenalin buzz ever.

Its highly addictive stuff.

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
That is sad news about Bomber.. These guys know the risk, but it's always sad when a life is lost..

It's the same as that tragic incident that happen last week at the Jim Clark rally in Scotland..

Road racing of all types is intrinsically dangerous.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts

·
Administrator
19,841 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts