MV Agusta Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Answer from MV:

Thank you for contacting MV Agusta.

We recommend further investigation and verification of the problem encountered with the dashboard.
In this first phase it is very important to understand the cause of this problem and it is necessary the collaboration of our authorized workshops and official dealers.
Our dealers will be able to carry out an initial analysis to be then submitted, in case of necessity, to our technical assistance department, which will evaluate every possibility of intervention and will offer all the necessary support for the correct restoration of your bike.

My re-answer:

Hello dear customer service.

Many thanks for the answer.

My problem is this:

the bike is still under warranty and has 997 km on the display. The error appeared from the start.

However, I am currently unable to visit a dealer or have an inspection carried out,

1. because the motorcycle only has a seasonal license plate until September
2. because the outside temperature is 7 degrees here
3. Because the earliest appointment in the relevant workshop (200 km away) cannot be made until the end of November at the earliest.

Therefore, I would like to ask for three kinds of information/confirmation:

is a lithium-ion battery actually installed?

can the supplied charger be used at all for this type of battery?

Will the battery be easily replaced free of charge next year if it is even older then, the current problem with that
related and has not been resolved?

I remain with the request for short-term feedback

· Registered
Mv Agusta Dragster RR 2019, Mv Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso 2020
215 Posts
I'm pretty sure the battery is under the fuel tank like the other 3 cylinder bikes. Tank must be lifted to access.

I do believe the SV comes with LiPo battery and you are correct in thinking MV wild not supply a charger not suitable for the battery.
My NOCO charger has mode selections for flooded cell (ol style), AGM and LiPo.... modern smart chargers can change charge profiles for different types of batteries.
The Superveloce DOES NOT come with a Lithium battery!!

· Registered
215 Posts
Answer from MV:

Thank you for contacting MV Agusta.

We recommend further investigation and verification of the problem encountered with the dashboard.
In this first phase it is very important to understand the cause of this problem and it is necessary the collaboration of our authorized workshops and official dealers.
Our dealers will be able to carry out an initial analysis to be then submitted, in case of necessity, to our technical assistance department, which will evaluate every possibility of intervention and will offer all the necessary support for the correct restoration of your bike.

My re-answer:

Hello dear customer service.

Many thanks for the answer.

My problem is this:

the bike is still under warranty and has 997 km on the display. The error appeared from the start.

However, I am currently unable to visit a dealer or have an inspection carried out,

1. because the motorcycle only has a seasonal license plate until September
2. because the outside temperature is 7 degrees here
3. Because the earliest appointment in the relevant workshop (200 km away) cannot be made until the end of November at the earliest.

Therefore, I would like to ask for three kinds of information/confirmation:

is a lithium-ion battery actually installed?

can the supplied charger be used at all for this type of battery?

Will the battery be easily replaced free of charge next year if it is even older then, the current problem with that
related and has not been resolved?

I remain with the request for short-term feedback
Hello!
Did you buy the bike new?
If so I can tell you 100% the battery IS NOT a lithium one!!
Mv installs a Lithium battery ONLY on the Brutale 1000RR and maybe only the Nurturing fancy one

· Registered
215 Posts
This is the charger...
And It's not a good quality one!!
Invest on a new GOOD charger....your Mv will thank you!!
Battery is a critical important element on these bikes....My suggestion, ALWAYS keep it on a charger when you don't use the bike!!

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Today (after nearly two weeks) my MV-seller also contacted the technical-advisor of MV-Germany for new Information and instructions and will give me the response further.

Let's see what they can do.:cool::coffee:

PS: seller is very irritated and confused about the process and has no idea regarding the cause of the problem

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Answer (2) from the factory:

Dear Andy,

We kindly inform you that the Superveloce 800 is provided with a standard battery and the charge maintainer supplied is compatible with this type of battery.
The charge maintainer can also recharge the battery but it will take several hours.
As per our previous email it is not possible to analyze the encountered battery technical issue, only our official dealers can evaluate this issue and with the collaboration of our technical assistance department, they will decide whether or not to intervene under warranty on this component.

Sincerely

· Registered
23 Posts
Weirdly, MV in the UK provide free collection and delivery from home to dealer (and return) for servicing work and I should imagine warranty work too, at least for something as significant as this. It isn't even to the nearest dealer. It's to whichever one you choose.

Appreciate the distances will be a lot closer due to the UK being smaller, but still something I'd pick up with them as differing levels of service across regions.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
So, short feedback from me.

The bike was picked up by the dealer free of charge.

Error analysis went as follows:

Read error memory, first without messages and later a lot of ads

Checked the starter relay, it wasn't

Battery checked, it wasn't either

Engine control unit checked and replaced!

This means that the error no longer occurs.

I hope that the problem has finally been resolved and that no more will follow.

Andy

· Old Wing Nut
25,229 Posts
So a new ECU was needed ??? That is rare on a new bike. Glad it is sorted.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts