MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have ignition problem which occurs randomly. Before the ignition problems starts the rev gauge drops to 0 and then misfire starts to come until the bike stalls. After cooling down the bike works from 5-60 mins.

Few months a go I had problem with relay and my fuel pump was priming even with out a key on ignition. I changed the white small relay from the SPU but I believe that I have a another problem there as well.

I noticed that when the fault is on the indicators won't work.

So where to search from? Is there some general relay etc?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. I have blue colored back on my SPU. I don't want to replace it, I prefer fixing it.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. I have blue colored back on my SPU. I don't want to replace it, I prefer fixing it.
Ok, would love to see your work, and results I suppose :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the bike seems to work now. I soldered the connection points for fuses because the fuse for ignition, nozzles and and for fuel pump was heated a lot. The solders for this fuse were melted because of the heat. At the same time I re-heated the solders for the relays.

I don't know if it had any effect to my problem but I also installed halogen blinkers so that the blinking speed is now normal. I wondered if the blinkers made the SPU to heat for some reason. Any way the Italian miracle works now and let's hope that it won't get angry to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts