1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Buying the MV has kept me to a budget, if I hadn't bought it it would be spent on meals, entertainment, travel etc. Now I only travel when I have to (see rellies that is!) and it is a forced method of saving for me.

I probably should have spent the money on my 100 year old yacht, which is always in need of maintenance.

·
Registered
522 Posts
mine would have went to the pool resurface and new shingles on the house now i have to find the money for those projects.the guy is starting the pool this week and the roof is next week but f it i got a new bike. :yo: :highclap:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
The poor and the hungry and the little people in the orphanage ..... oh that would be my house again and again and again. It sucks money like a ............Oh I got to go. got to put the Matris on. :later:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cdamb said:
The poor and the hungry and the little people in the orphanage ..... oh that would be my house again and again and again. It sucks money like a ............Oh I got to go. got to put the Matris on. :later:
we want a picture by the end of the night

oh......
and my outboard throttle return spring is DISengaged...
sorry i was such a whimp and took so long to do it

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I'm spending my childrens college fund on bikes..............oh yeah.......no kids!!!! (by choice)

I guess my house and travel would take most of the money. The rock wall and steps by my driveway that is being built now could have purchased an F4 1000R.......

(maybe I should have left it alone!)

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I'm not as well off as some of you lucky bastards ( :laughing: ), but hope to be some day....

But I bought the Brute to keep me in check. how you say? Well, everything I touch has to get modded. I'm like Tim "the tool man" Taylor....so I bought a machine that financially, I couldn't hook-up.

"Well why can't you just get the lower end stuff?"

Because....I always have to have the best I can get, not necessarilly 'afford'. I'll sacrfice some necessities in life (like not eating as "luxuriously", or sacrificing everything. Bad I know, and it really is a sickness, but I've grown as of late, and this was my opportunity to get the bike I REALLY WANTED...while helping tame my disease at having to hook everything up. And it's killing me that I can't, it really is.....but in 20/20, in more ways than one, I'm glad I got the Brute!

But back to the original question...hmm...probably into an RC51...glad I didn't do that, I cause I absolutely LOVE my Brutale.....

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oicdn said:
I'm not as well off as some of you lucky bastards ( :laughing: ), but hope to be some day....

But I bought the Brute to keep me in check. how you say? Well, everything I touch has to get modded. I'm like Tim "the tool man" Taylor....so I bought a machine that financially, I couldn't hook-up.

"Well why can't you just get the lower end stuff?"

Because....I always have to have the best I can get, not necessarilly 'afford'. I'll sacrfice some necessities in life (like not eating as "luxuriously", or sacrificing everything. Bad I know, and it really is a sickness, but I've grown as of late, and this was my opportunity to get the bike I REALLY WANTED...while helping tame my disease at having to hook everything up. And it's killing me that I can't, it really is.....but in 20/20, in more ways than one, I'm glad I got the Brute!

But back to the original question...hmm...probably into an RC51...glad I didn't do that, I cause I absolutely LOVE my Brutale.....
this is a great post, Nate....
the constant desire for something "ELSE" or something "BETTER" is a disease that many folks on earth have caught... and plenty of them are on this forum (i've had PLENTY of this over the course of my life)

i find myself "justifying" purchases such as the brute or bmw to myself... even though i'm a physician. my wife is NOT of the same mindset as me

we all do the best we can, i suppose

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
409 Posts
we live in society's that are set up for cash to move in circles . if we hold it to long some corner of the circle will run dry an heat up an burn the whole system down . spend with reasoning applied . spending seems to drive me to work harder

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I don't have the money, what are you talking about?

But, let's say, hypothetically I actually did have that chunk of cash laying around and I didn't have the normal things that people need to use money for (ie, I need a roof too, and a new A/C unit wouldn't hurt, oh yeah, wife wants to remodel the kitchen and bathroom, etc)...

I would buy some tools and go about building myself my own dream vacuum tube guitar amp, and hopefully also have enough to build a really nice hi-fi amp with tubes as well. Maybe some electrostatic speakers too. Big subwoofer to help out the speakers...

I used to fix tube guitar amps for extra money while I was in school. Kind of odd for a business major to do something like that, but I was losing money having other people fix my stuff so... Learned to do it myself.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts