MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the road you would love to take your MV on... money no object by the way... me? the Coromandel in New Zealand... stunning.... or the TT course..... that one is easy!!!! :later:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Yes Juan, the TT course has to be up there. I would like to take my F4 around the F1 courses at Spa in Belgium and Monza in Italy (on closed roads of course). I like the coast road between Genoa and La Spezia in Italy too, don't know if anyone has been down there but any mistakes and it's a 3 - 400 foot drop into the med. Fantastic scenery though. :smoking:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
The road from Cape Town to George and further on....(South Africa)
Done it many times in a car, beauty that has to be seen to be believed and little control over speed limits, if any! Oh and a little thing called sunshine! :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
agusta01 said:
The road from Cape Town to George and further on....(South Africa)
Done it many times in a car, beauty that has to be seen to be believed and little control over speed limits, if any! Oh and a little thing called sunshine! :)
Agree. However, a close second could be almost anywhere in Southern France!

By the way - do you remember what the sun looks like agusta01? I haven't seen it for over a week now!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Shhhh chino! John maybe listening in, and I sorta told him it never rains in Queensland!!

Lets hope the rain hits the dam catchment areas this time! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Highland Reel

Hi Guys, I think I am a bit of a home bird really but I will be using my MV on the roads of the far North of Scotland. Two very good reasons for this
1. The roads are comparatively empty... :cool:

2. There are no speed cameras!!... :naughty:

All the best
Brian1100xx

Attachments

·
Registered
735 Posts
the private track I'd build on my private estate :king:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
agusta01 said:
Shhhh chino! John maybe listening in, and I sorta told him it never rains in Queensland!!

Lets hope the rain hits the dam catchment areas this time! :)
I hasn't rained here for ages. :) Snowed yesterday though. :(

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ARCHILLE said:
If you loosely define the word road as in asphalt-paved path, I'd take my on a short road called Philip Island. :laughing: Over and over and over (you get the idea.) :guitarist
Think Philip Island and Laguna Seca would have to be added to my list :laughing: :laughing: Watched the Moto GP at the (other :laughing: ) Island in Oct... fantastic....

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think john has shipped some of that lovely English weather over here agusta01 - must want to take his new toy out at some stage!

Oh yeah - Insanely jealous of the Melbourne members who get access to PI at will... I would move there just to ride that track every weekend!! :king:

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
admin said:
What draws you to Laguna? Corkscrew?

Talk about view at phillip..
Corkscrew?????? Oh yes :laughing:

Philip Island was a revelation compared to the S**t hole that is Donington Park, the Brits really need to go and have a look down under...

But for the ultimate view you really need to sit on a hedge, close enough to touch the bikes..... over here..... :naughty:

·
Registered
878 Posts
... ride to and from Hurricane Ridge on Mt St Helen, Washington (that blew off it's top in 1980). Hours of twisties after twisties, and has a history of eating up sport bikes every year! :cool:

·
Registered
479 Posts
admin said:
What draws you to Laguna? Corkscrew?

Talk about view at phillip..
Man, if you haven't, that is a track that has to be ridden to understand.

Turn two (my avatar) is awesome. Turn 1 is intense.

Turn 5 rocks...

Wheelies up the hill leading into the corkscrew, wheelies down into the corkscrew...the weather is usually outstanding...I love that place.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just some info on philip island for out-of-towners.. The track is open to anyone all year round and it costs approx $250 AUD for a full ride day which generally gives you 10 sessions of ten laps round the circuit. There are three groups a slow, medium and fast group and rider ability varies from first timers trying to hone their skills and taste a bit of speed off public roads to very keen enthusiats who set up shop at pit lane with all sorts of gadgets like tyre warmers and a little crew. Everyone has fun and its a great learning experience. I myself havnt been yet but ive been down to watch a couple of friends. There are photographers that make a living out of taking great shots of the riders and you can find their pics at

www.sdpics.com/cgi-bin/store/imageF...hools_-_Events/07~Australian_Superbike_School

The site to check out for more info is

http://www.phillipislandridedays.com.au

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Juan, just did the Coro loop anti clockwise on the weekend. Must have been my 15th time. It's great cause you can leave Auckland early morning and be home in time for a late lunch. NZ is a bikers paradise.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts