1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
101 Posts
Do you have to post a message on every forum whether you have some real information or not???

I hope you get one of your new bikes soon and can go ride rather than post useless messages?

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
lkyk9 said:
Do you have to post a message on every forum whether you have some real information or not???

I hope you get one of your new bikes soon and can go ride rather than post useless messages?
do you have a problem?
maybe you ought to try to participate more
i bet you have tons of useful knowledge, from which the rest of us would benefit

care to enlighten us?

i mean you NO disrespect
i'm just trying to get folks involved in this fine forum

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
383 Posts
lkyk9 said:

Give spalding a break, he is just trying to keep the environment here friendly and build a sense of community here for everyone who rides/loves MVs. :koolaid:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
outtadaloop said:
Give spalding a break, he is just trying to keep the environment here friendly and build a sense of community here for everyone who rides/loves MVs. :koolaid:
i appreciate those words very much
it makes me very happy that more and more folks are posting often.
i'd love for this place to be as active as the Ducati forums...
we owe to our MVs to do just that

thanks again

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
735 Posts
lkyk9 said:

+1

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
Lets keep it all friendly here. There is nothing wrong with posting often like spalding, i second his request for people to register and post. the more people post the better this site gets and Alvin has done more than enough to make it user friendly. Spalding, i say you post till you can't feel your freaking fingers!!!!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Greeneggs&ham said:
Lets keep it all friendly here. There is nothing wrong with posting often like spalding, i second his request for people to register and post. the more people post the better this site gets and Alvin has done more than enough to make it user friendly. Spalding, i say you post till you can't feel your freaking fingers!!!!
thanks for the kind words
i think that a lot of folks here who don't post often don't realize that the more folks ask questions and contribute, the better it is for all of us.

if folks don't like the increased activity on the site....... then, maybe it's time for them to go riding and forget about the forum for a while...
i'm pretty sure they aren't tied to their computer screens :)

no offense intended

·
Registered
878 Posts
Greg, attempting to :stir: :stir: , may be a suggestion or two might be helpful...

There is a little psychology to writing on public forum! Some folks are offended when another poses as their "representitive", e.g. the use of the word "we...". That (we) implies that you are their spokesman and/or representitive. The laguage may rub some people wrong. My suggestion is to steer away from using the word "we".

The other one that comes across negative and may rub people wrong, is when requests are made, in the form of "me", or "I". When they are expressed in terms of "I" or "me", they appear as "demands".

May be the laguage could change a bit to be more appealing to those sensitive...dunnoh, may be it'll help?...my 2 dollars (ya know, with inflation and all) :blah: :blah:

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
spalding12 said:
do you have a problem?
maybe you ought to try to participate more
i bet you have tons of useful knowledge, from which the rest of us would benefit

care to enlighten us?

i mean you NO disrespect
i'm just trying to get folks involved in this fine forum
Greg-

Thanx for the gracious response to the rather pointed criticism. We all have different temperaments, but I certainly appreciate the cordial conversation from you and others. Very rich cross-section of enthusiasts here at mv.net.

Raw facts, breaking news, and technical information are no more important to me than expanding a network of potential acquaintances with mutual passions and interests. The who and the how is much more vital than the what. Admin, Spalding, Odonata, MV-999R, JamesC, GreenEggsandHam, MVorBMW, and many others help make life a bit more enjoyable.

I don't come to this site just for information. I subscribe to over 40 motorcycle publications, and I can surf high-speed all day. But... magazines and commercial websites don't enrich my life. People enrich my life.

Thanx to all those at mvagusta.net who open their lives to the rest of us.

-Blake

·
Registered
194 Posts
Greeneggs&ham said:
I couldn't agree more.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i never realized that this thread would stir up so much interest.
i really am not trying to ruffle any feathers with my enthusiastic approach to my love for all things MV.

as for the suggestions above about my dealing with people....
(and i DO appreciate the thoughts)

i'm 43....
i'm a pediatrician....
i deal and have dealt with folks on a most personal level for more than 20 years. i have a great exhuberance for life and like to portray that here on the forum. i am a member of many great forums as we speak and have come to notice that folks often portray themselves quite differently ONLINE from what you might expect from them... IN PERSON

me.... however..... you'd find me just the same in person as here

hope that helps
we are all here because we have a common interest in this marvelous nameplate.

again.... no offense TO ANYONE at all.... intended
thanks for being here
thanks for having me

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
194 Posts
Spalding,
No need to justify yourself. Post as much as you want and those who don't want to read it, don't have to. The rest of us don't have an issue with it and welcome your comments.
It is always nice to find other folks who share similar interests as one does. MV Agustas in this case.

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
MarcoM3 said:
Spalding,
No need to justify yourself. Post as much as you want and those who don't want to read it, don't have to. The rest of us don't have an issue with it and welcome your comments.
It is always nice to find other folks who share similar interests as one does. MV Agustas in this case.
+1........You can't make everyone happy and as with any "family" or set of "friends" you will have disagreements or not always agree with all comments. :cross: You can't always convey how you mean a statement through the words on a screen, and so sometimes a post can come across as something other than what was intended. Does anyone have a problem with another member? :argue: That is what the private message feature is for. :idea: As for me spalding12, I think you should keep doing your thing.....but where do you have the time to post, not only here, but on all the other forums you are a member of? :wtf: I must be in the wrong line of business! :blah: :rolleyes:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Darkside said:
As for me spalding12, I think you should keep doing your thing.....but where do you have the time to post, not only here, but on all the other forums you are a member of? :wtf: I must be in the wrong line of business! :blah: :rolleyes:
i suppose that my posting stems from my lifelong thirst for knowledge. i enjoy getting others into a dialogue about things which they have in common... but might not have spoken about.

i enjoy motorcycling and photography.... and love discussing both
.... it's pretty much as simple as that

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
WYD OPN .... where do you stick "...40 subscriptions to motorcycle magazines..." ?

I've got piles of them and I only buy a few every month AND you must only glance thru' them, I read mine cover to cover and then some!!!!

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
At the beginning of the year Triple Seven started a thread about the same subject. I personally signed up in Sept. 05 but didn't start posting until after I saw his thread. It's a good suggestion to participate and contribute what little or great knowledge you have. I remember coming to the website and seeing no new postings for days, and now look where we are! I can't keep up with all the the posts if I don't come on here at least twice a day! :drummer:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
gazman said:
WYD OPN .... where do you stick "...40 subscriptions to motorcycle magazines..." ?

I've got piles of them and I only buy a few every month AND you must only glance thru' them, I read mine cover to cover and then some!!!!
I'm a full-time 24-hour care-giver, so lots of intermittent time available for reading. When I can't leave my fiance alone for actual handlebar time, I'm reading mags or forum postings.

I actually subscribe to an insane 217 monthly publications; mostly car, bike, boat, powersports, sports, etc. I track them with a computerized chart, or I'd never be able to keep up. They are arranged on multiple bookshelves in the guest bedroom that doubles as my office. I read most of them cover-to-cover.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts