MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to set up idle speed on a F4??? Mine is a bit over 1250rpm, and I like to slow it down a bit.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I thought it was 1100rpm, although can't find this detail in the manual, but I recall the MV Mechanic mentioning this.
I also went to the garage and started mine and its bang on 1100rpm once warm
As for adjustment, don't know... the Jap bikes have a plastic knob slightly proud of the fairing that you can just turn, can't find this on the F4 though.

Graham

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Does anyone know how to set up idle speed on a F4??? Mine is a bit over 1250rpm, and I like to slow it down a bit.
Thanks
Check that the throttle cable isnt tight and opening the throttle butterflys. Also check that the toggle lever on the right side switchgear is not opening the butterflys. Air leaks on the throttle bodies will weaken the mixture and up the tickover.
The ecu controls the tickover at the default throttle position.The blades stop at a little open. Its in the manuals something like 1.5 mm. The synchronisation is factory set. It would be the last thing Id fiddle with.
Joe

·
Administrator
20,795 Posts
1200 is a good number. Too low and you'll have a "lumpy" idle and stalling when cold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts