MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to understand the logic code used in the identity numbers of the differents F4 models. some of the last six digits began by a 100xxx they seems to be US models instead of other country models beginning by 00xxx , but i'm not sure of this possible conclusion. I have no idea if there are differences between the numbers of the Evo2 and Evo 3 os spécial editions "Senna etc..." and in the differents years of production
Does anyone knows about those numbers

·
Registered
166 Posts
Salut la France
Bonne question
Well, I tell you what I know.
Example: ZCGF511BA6V004035 for F4 1000 Biposto Europe
ZCGAKFGM26V200320 for F4 1000 Biposto US
Europe VIN:
ZCG > Manufacturer
F5 > Model
11 > Mono/Biposto ?
BA > Model version
6 > Production year
V > Manufacturer location (Varese, Italy) ??
Last 6 numbers > Frame number
But for the US VIN I can not help you more.
In Kuwait we have both models on the street.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I think this means that I own the 12th F4 Strada ever produced. 312th if you count the Oro models?

1999 was the first year of production for the non-Oro models, and I've got 00012.

ZCGAGFLJ9YV100012

I thought I had a 2000 but the VIN shows a 9 and the registry says 1999 no matter what I put it. Although I have two radiators, which is weird since the mvfaq says the 99 models were one radiator and the 2000's were two radiators.

Either way, she's one of the oldest F4's MVs around. Freakin' Awesome.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Patrick,
My bike has been bought new in France and first registered in july 2000.
VIN is ZCGF401BBYV001495
All seems to match with your information : F4 type , 01 "solo seat", BB should be the model
but there is a "Y" letter where should be the year production.
Have you an idea about this "Y" ?

·
Registered
165 Posts
You need the decoder ring! admin will post it to you after 500 post, it can also be had on ebay from time to time!
Last digits should specify production year!

GTW36 said:
I tried to understand the logic code used in the identity numbers of the differents F4 models. some of the last six digits began by a 100xxx they seems to be US models instead of other country models beginning by 00xxx , but i'm not sure of this possible conclusion. I have no idea if there are differences between the numbers of the Evo2 and Evo 3 os spécial editions "Senna etc..." and in the differents years of production
Does anyone knows about those numbers

·
Registered
409 Posts
this is a real good way for a criminal to get people to post vins for him to use . my mom told me not to talk to strangers...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
VIN is not a great secret, anybody can read it on my frame when i'm out of my garage ?

·
Registered
328 Posts
logos1111 said:
this is a real good way for a criminal to get people to post vins for him to use . my mom told me not to talk to strangers...
OMG!!!!! The registry must be a gigantic criminal conspiracy. One day, some super thief will steal all the MVs in the world!!!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
maybee my point was missed , true anyone can see ur vin on ur bike ,an im sure anyone who visits a forum is a great person , but i dont live in happy go lucky land , see we have whats called bad cops out .they are friends with the bad guys in ur area . an these cops sell off ur personal info for a price what they need is ur vin or ur tag # the pay off im told is about 500 $ . u see if u live in america there are computers in cop cars now that are linked to national data bases , then what u have is nice demographisc to work from . someone who has a 20, 000 bike will prob have other nice stuff . so kiddies dont talk to strangers dont give out ur personel info over then net < which is what i tell my 10 yr old > an be smart

·
Registered
328 Posts
logos1111 said:
maybee my point was missed , true anyone can see ur vin on ur bike ,an im sure anyone who visits a forum is a great person , but i dont live in happy go lucky land , see we have whats called bad cops out .they are friends with the bad guys in ur area . an these cops sell off ur personal info for a price what they need is ur vin or ur tag # the pay off im told is about 500 $ . u see if u live in america there are computers in cop cars now that are linked to national data bases , then what u have is nice demographisc to work from . someone who has a 20, 000 bike will prob have other nice stuff . so kiddies dont talk to strangers dont give out ur personel info over then net < which is what i tell my 10 yr old > an be smart
I basically think you're fear mongering. Even after your explanation.

·
Registered
409 Posts
lol ok man fear mongering . well lets hope the wolfs dont find u one day . they always seem to find the sheep . i just dont want to be a sheep an if thats fear mongering ill take the label . find someone whos is a lifetime criminal one day buy he or she a cup of coffee an tell them to explain to u how they see the world . my points are not of speculation they are based in fact .

·
Registered
328 Posts
logos1111 said:
lol ok man fear mongering . well lets hope the wolfs dont find u one day . they always seem to find the sheep . i just dont want to be a sheep an if thats fear mongering ill take the label . find someone whos is a lifetime criminal one day buy he or she a cup of coffee an tell them to explain to u how they see the world . my points are not of speculation they are based in fact .
I've already had a bike stolen. So then I guess I'm a sheep. But really, seeing as you you're living your life in fear, who do you really think is the sheep?

I can say with 100% certainty that I don't let fear of bad things stop me from doing what I want to do.

·
Registered
409 Posts
im sure ur just being silly at this point i wont even attempt to believe u tried to say u live ur life without any care of cause an effect of ur actions , an that if u do u see that as being fearfull , no way ud still be alive with that ego based concept of life . it was funny to read though

·
Registered
328 Posts
logos1111 said:
im sure ur just being silly at this point i wont even attempt to believe u tried to say u live ur life without any care of cause an effect of ur actions , an that if u do u see that as being fearfull , no way ud still be alive with that ego based concept of life . it was funny to read though
I'm pointing out that if you are worried about things like VIN numbers being out in public then you must live a very fearful sheltered life.

It's not like we're giving away SSNs or Credit Card numbers. You march in here, speaking about conspiracies like dirty cops and then mock me for saying I'm not living in fear.

I have a question. Is your phone number private and are you listed in the phone book? Do you tape over your car's VIN number on the registration? I mean, come on, you can't beserious about being afraid to talk about your VIN numbers.

·
Registered
409 Posts
wow ur are insane . fair enough . fear is a emotion there is no truth in a emotion an u should never make a decision off of one . second i never mocked u a point of view that differs from urs is not a mock . an my point of police officers in not a theroy but fact so i was sharing with the class something i know , forums are a collective conciouness like a society . because i live in a high crime area an u dont means u are ignorant to the possibilities of things that can happen to u in ur life , maybee u should listen with ur mind an not ur ego . sheep

·
Registered
328 Posts
logos1111 said:
wow ur are insane . fair enough . fear is a emotion there is no truth in a emotion an u should never make a decision off of one . second i never mocked u a point of view that differs from urs is not a mock . an my point of police officers in not a theroy but fact so i was sharing with the class something i know , forums are a collective conciouness like a society . because i live in a high crime area an u dont means u are ignorant to the possibilities of things that can happen to u in ur life , maybee u should listen with ur mind an not ur ego . sheep

Ok, I'm sorry everyone for feeding the troll. I'll stop now.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
No don't stop now, I was enjoying the exchange. :) Mebbe the VIN numbers on MV's are launch codes for North Korean nukes!!! :jsm: :jsm: :jsm: :wtf: :eek: :lightning :eek: :bash:

·
Registered
409 Posts
im sure ur right john . lol . u see i finally think we were starting to talk here , an u ran back to the group to alighn urself with the group , making it look like u r the valiant one ,alienating me . it was a nice tactical move , a little cowardly , but it did give u the ability to be childish an call me a 4th grade name b4 retreating , giving u the satisfaction of victory . but i still dont think u are listening . which is cool with me . all my purpose was to share that this action does have a potential negative consequence an maybee it should be considered , so my desire was fullfilled . the exchange with u was just good old fun . thank you for the fun sighned .. the troll ....ps never let stangers take pictures of ur bikes either. our jamacan friends like to shop at the local bike nights an then they post ur bikes pics kinda like a pre sale order then they find ur bike off of ur tag number an take it . now dont get me wrong only some people ive heard of like doing home invasions , so most of them just wait around to pick ur bike up . u get 2000$ for a phone call to letting someone know where the bike is so they have a network of spotters around town . pretty good commision for a phone call if u ask me . good luck .

·
Registered
166 Posts
logos1111 said:
im sure ur right john . lol . u see i finally think we were starting to talk here , an u ran back to the group to alighn urself with the group , making it look like u r the valiant one ,alienating me . it was a nice tactical move , a little cowardly , but it did give u the ability to be childish an call me a 4th grade name b4 retreating , giving u the satisfaction of victory . but i still dont think u are listening . which is cool with me . all my purpose was to share that this action does have a potential negative consequence an maybee it should be considered , so my desire was fullfilled . the exchange with u was just good old fun . thank you for the fun sighned .. the troll ....ps never let stangers take pictures of ur bikes either. our jamacan friends like to shop at the local bike nights an then they post ur bikes pics kinda like a pre sale order then they find ur bike off of ur tag number an take it . now dont get me wrong only some people ive heard of like doing home invasions , so most of them just wait around to pick ur bike up . u get 2000$ for a phone call to letting someone know where the bike is so they have a network of spotters around town . pretty good commision for a phone call if u ask me . good luck .
Thank you LOGOS for your point of view and you are right to take care but I am sure that ALL MV owners are conscient that bad people are watching around...
I gived my VIN because my bikes ( new & used MVs, Husqys, Cagivas and Moto Guzzis, Ducati, etc...) are save in my shop, with alarm system and video. Some bikes are in my living room at home as well (see my galery). I am a good alarm also :bandit:
By the way, if you own something "special" and expensive you shouldn'd live in a shuch place.
I had to consider my bikes when I was looking to rent a house. Now, I am relax and cool, the bikes are save.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts