MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ideas for Summer gloves

What summer gloves are you guys using? I need something that lets in a lot of air, because it gets really hot around here during the summer months. I will mostly use these gloves for riding around town, for the faster outings I own a pair of Dainese full metal gloves. I have narrowed down my choices between these 3 (from top left to bottom right):

Dainese Moto-X
Icon Pursuit
RACER WINDY

Anyone has experience with any of these? Judging by the picture, the last one (racer windy) looks like it's going to be the best in letting air in. Anyone heard of the brand? What's the protection like?

Attachments

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got these.
Summer 3/4 gloves but with full race type protection
Unbeatable for summer.

I find many of the summer gloves compromise on protection too much for my tastes...

Alpinestars GPX
Maybe wont let in enough air for you ?

Are you using them around town? I want something that will keep my hands cool even at low speed! Am I asking too much?:)

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
It is counter intuitive, but you should take a look at the gloves from Lee Parks Design. They are not perforated but they are very comfortable in hot humid weather.

The are deer skin, not cow hide and the inner liner is made from Outlast fabric.

If you read about the outlast fabric, it sounds like marketing but it does what they say. Cool in the summer, warm in the fall.

No sharp carbon fiber to cut into your hands if you fall, no Power Ranger color schemes. Just very comfortable and well made gloves.

I don't have anything to do with them, by the way, I just have a pair and love them.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
How about these ? Spidi Cursor I wear them in Summer on my 350B. More wind is probably not posible without minimum protection.

Attachments

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cag, the Lee Parks look interesting. Do you think that they would keep cool in 45 degrees Celsius? Haupti, the Spidis look like what I had in mind. How long are they? How is the air flow? The sizing?

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Nothing is going to keep cool at 45C. Hell, that's like riding through a blast furnace. I would imagine that any air movement you get is not going to offer any cooling. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It doesn't get quite that hot here. I remember looking at my gauge and seeing 39C ambient temp. My hands were not what you would call cool, but they were not hot either. Put another way, my hands have never perspired in the gloves.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
The Spidi's are really very airy, I used them in a sizzling hot summer season in Italy and love them. Sizing is pretty normal. I wear usually Small and got these in Medium, the Shop didn't had S in store. So I think they could be a little smaller for me. However they stretch very well and a colleague of mine, with size L or XL hands, found my gloves very comfy.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Nothing is going to keep cool at 45C. Hell, that's like riding through a blast furnace. I would imagine that any air movement you get is not going to offer any cooling. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
quote]

You're right there, with temperatures as high as that, cooling is almost negligible, even when driving fast. Maybe a few degrees tops.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts