MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending some time on a long ride, I came up with an idea that I thought was worth sharing. Then I though, how about a thread for designers to get ideas from...lets not try to just criticise what we already know (i.e.: hub and heat issues) but provide ideas that are not yet available. I'll start:

I want an integrated helmet that comes with the bike so I get a heads-up display on my visor of indicators, warning lights and speed...why - I can't see these without taking my eyes off the road because of my height.

what do you want???

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
I made myself a 'stick-on' for my visor (in peripheral vision) that alerts via my radar detector. The visor is dark and this cannot be seen from the outside. Think I originally got the idea from 'Minority Report" My detector is also covert. Realistically that's all the outside info I require. (this also eliminates the H.A.R.D. device) that I used before

·
Registered
694 Posts
I want an integrated helmet that comes with the bike so I get a heads-up display on my visor of indicators, warning lights and speed...why - I can't see these without taking my eyes off the road because of my height.
That's a very cool idea! Maybe they could make it into a small accessory that could be added onto any standard helmet.

·
Registered
44 Posts
little bike

My thought is they have an opp. to do something different. Take the 675 ,lop off a cylinder making it a 450 twin and stick it in the Mito that you already have, a 250 lb 75 hp bike, might be fun and priced about 8000 my 2 cents.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Supercharger on all f4 and f3 models. :naughty:

·
Registered
404 Posts
My thought is they have an opp. to do something different. Take the 675 ,lop off a cylinder making it a 450 twin and stick it in the Mito that you already have, a 250 lb 75 hp bike, might be fun and priced about 8000 my 2 cents.
That soundes like a brilliant idea. I would take it down to 67bhp with the new rules coming into Europe. Sounds like a perfect mini racing series bike too.

Personally I would like to see more kit 'borrowed' from racing spec bikes and make it onto the road.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
HEY MV DESIGNERS, how about a proper stock fuel map. And a more comfortable seat. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
240 Posts
Just today as I rode I was thinking a rearview camera that projected an image on the left or right inside of your helmet visor with a button to activate/deactivate would be cool. Freaking mirrors are truly useless.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Glenn,
Have you heard of a Reevu helmet? They are like the rear view mirror in your car but image is at the top of your helmet.
Reevu
Don't know if they retail in the US but worth a gander.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Glenn,
Have you heard of a Reevu helmet? They are like the rear view mirror in your car but image is at the top of your helmet.
Reevu
Don't know if they retail in the US but worth a gander.
That's pretty cool & yes, it looks like it is available in the US. Thanks for the tip, I'm going to have to check it out.

Just buy Rizoma-style barend mirrors. Solved the problem completely for me.
I'm indeed thinking of a bar end mirror set up. I like Eddy's (Eddypro) setup with the CRG Arrows. Looks really good on the Brutale.

Cheers,
Glenn

·
Registered
404 Posts
Glenn,
My mate has got one of these helmets and it takes some getting used to but it is really good.
I'll be expecting my commision soon then. :stickpoke

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That Reevu helmet looks pretty good, maybe my heads-up display is not too far away...

·
Registered
404 Posts
Pete,
I think the only reason they wont incorporate it into a helmet is in the event of an accident you would be attached to the back of the bike. I'm sure you could bluetooth to your helmet though, maybe you are onto something here!

Glenn,
Make it out to fun lovin animals and post it through the next letterbox you see.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts