MV Agusta Forum banner

Iddon 3rd in WSS

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  JDS 
#1 · (Edited)
!!

!!

#13 ·
Ooops

Donsy, there two different links, or am I missing something?
No mate, I missed it, I must have "copied and past" the wrong link, I meant to post the Iddon interview as you did.
That's what happens when you're on three different sites at once, sorry mate.

#14 ·
Has there been any confirmation yet whether MV will be running an/any F4's in WSBK next year??
There was mention of it earlier in the season.

If they could just get Rolfo to up his act in WSS then maybe MV would get some good press and build themselves a new reputation, instead of running with the 40 year old totally different spec history.

They need results in both WSS and WSBK to get the impetus they need.
cheers
Pete

#15 ·
Hey Pete,

Impetus in what regard, racing or sales?

In racing I definitely agree. In sales I am not so sure, I think the old adage of "Win Sunday, Sell Monday" is not really applicable anymore as the motorcycle purchaser seems to have become a different animal.

BTW - Where were you yesterday ya pussy? See a 38 degree day you stay inside? :laughing: I took the F3 especially to show you the mods - actually there were friggin cops everywhere - I came thru the National Park & come across 8 yes EIGHT cop cars! Apparently, the were watching out for psycho pyromaniacs and motorcyclists were a happy bonus to help pay for the day - I didn't get picked up by sheer arse & no skill I can assure you.

Actually I take back pussy and bow to your wisdom ;) Back to point sales or racing in your view?

#16 · (Edited)
High 20's and I'm out these days.
I love leather but.......
So, that's too hot, too cold, too cloudy, too sunny, too windy, under 20c, over 20c......too lazy!!!!! :laughing::laughing:
You may be right, you see a lot of Hondas, but is that due to MGP...different animal but maybe they don't care.
You see lots of Kwakkas, Aprilias and Ducatis and BMWs...due to race results...who knows.
Like you say, it used to be win on Sunday, sell on Monday, don't know whether that's still true or not.

I do believe that if they won or podiumed a few WSS and WSBK races , they would get a heap of publicity and the interest and attention level would jump dramatically. Iddon was certainly the cat among the pigeons last week.
More people in showrooms looking at bikes will get you more sales.
The prices of the base F3 and F4 aren't that much more than the equivalent Jap/Euro bike
The Triumph Daytona 675R is the same price as the F3, both triples. You don't hear about them in WSS or any other race any more, so why are they selling over the F3?

Will be interesting to see the stands at the motorcycle show in a couple of weeks (Darling Harbour 15-17 November) and see how many people around each.

On the hill Saturday
cheers

#18 ·
I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum..

So, that's too hot, too cold, too cloudy, too sunny, too windy, under 20c, over 20c......too lazy!!!!! :laughing::laughing:
A man after my own heart ..:laughing:

It's great to see an MV ( any MV) doing battle up front and keeping pace with the rest of the bunch..

Looks like te F3 is a contender, instead of a bum..

#17 ·
Regarding the Triumph, I always ask the owners when I see a new one what made them choose it over the F3 & invariably the answer comes back to price & perceived servicing costs albeit they can't answer what the comparable costs are, price seems to be given far more a consideration that I thought it would have been but there you go - l learnt something.

Yes good point re: the stands at the Motorcycle show - I like to only go every 4 or so years so that you can see a real change instead of gradual evolution. Think I'll get out there this year. :)

I probably be on the hill tomorrow but not on the F3 - I am a slave to my rotational bike roster :eek: Also, I haven't ridden Christian's Cagiva in forever, seeing as I pay for his rego & insurance I am owed the odd leg over I reckon, might be nice to have a run on the little 2 stroke. Failing that - I think the GTLS may be next on the roster - will need to check my garage notes :)

Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.