MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gday all.
I'm planning a couple of longer rides coming up and think it might be a wise decision to make up a small ICE (In Case of Emergency) kit to throw in the back pack. does anyone have any suggestions as to what to include?

so far I'm thinking:
First aid kit
Run-flat ( the foam you squirt into a flat tyre so you can get it to the nearest servo)
Race-tape (cloth variety)
zip-ties
small can of WD-40
and also the included tool kit under the seat
pen and paper

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
small flash light .....I've got the LED kind that straps on your forehead. It looks really dumb, but it's truly helpful. also handiwipes

·
Registered
548 Posts
If you don't have them in the first aid kit, then some surgical gloves, great for both greasy things and blood.

Digital tire pressure gauge (it was the first thing I added to my bike). Cell phone car adapter (optional)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Try a proper puncture repair kit with plugs and air - more effective than run flat gloop in my opinion (and probably smaller to pack!)

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
6 pack of beer for when you are sitting on the side of the road doing repairs :bash:

·
Registered
378 Posts
ok, put all together and.......u'll need a van!! :)

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
IMHO, junk most of the 1st aid kit, just keep a few good pad dressings. They are the only things you will ever need and will hold the fort until proper help arrives (use in conjunction with your tape).
A multi-tool always lives under my seat.
A few feet of cable can be used as jump-leads / tow-rope / repair wiring faults / loads of other things. (I always carried a small coil in my pannier and used it a few times)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts