Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead:
Well i will bet I am the first. I slid the R in Louisiana, probably the only R in Louisiana. The bike held up well and I will submitt pictures as attachments. I can say the frame protectors saved the frame and a pair of Adio shoes saved my ankle. I jamed my leg under the bike for dear life and it seemed to protect it pretty well until i was finally ripped away from the bike, my leg on the other hand has a healthy bit of rash. :violin:

parts hit (I need and am guessing will have to buy new)

right brake lever
right foot peg and brake lever
right mirror
right bar end
right frame protector
right radiator aluminum thingy
right Bam Adio shoe (you guys this shoe is wicked tough and without a doubt saved my ankle. I jammed my leg under that bike like a skid puck, if you want some stuff to ride and walk in I strongly reccomend these, looks good with a black bike)

things that matter
Transmission Trap Door
Righ lower cases

I used to drag race Sportsters and i have grenaded many a case. I am considering welding and refinishing the case as the damages are mainly cosmetic. I am however a little concerned about warpage and case porosity but thinking the aluminum will be pretty good since I paid nearly 20 g's for the bike. at any rate if anyone has parts send me a message e-mail is [email protected] and I will keep people up to date on repairs so if this happens to you you might have some different ideas to repair your little disaster.

P.S. some one pulled out in front of me after an s curve and promptly hauled tail after they saw me go down. I love LA! Goin offshore so TTYL!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I have had a crankcase welded on an old BSA - no problems but I would just do a cosmetic repair, and get someone good to respray it. Look around for some good filler that will withstand heat of the engine etc and take care with the repair and if it is done well you won't ever notice it and only you will know!

The engine parts will cost a mint and if you weld it who knows what will happen!!

And very expensive to dismantle, gaskets and reassemble!

Bad luck mate at least you are ok!!

Spend your money on new mirrors etc and all the other non engine bits and then make a decision!

Gary

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Ah! I am very sorry to hear about this misfortune. Luckily you came out okay, and that is all that truly matters. Good luck with putting her back to prestine shape. Keep us posted!

M

·
0 Posts
Glad to hear that you are alright.

What kind of frame sliders do you have?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Glad you are ok.....

Your bike is fixable....

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I`m sorry to see the damage but glad to hear you`re OK. Perhaps that would be a good area to make a cerbon fiber guard to cover and protect that area. you can make the shape out of a sheet oh sculpturs wax then make a mold. If you know how to do lay/up. The cover can hide the damage. Just a thought and may be less work. Good luck,C

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Glad to hear that you are ok, crashing sucks, especially under those circumstances, that asshole who pulled in front of you needs to be beaten. I have to agree with Greg, get some real fucking shoes, you are lucky to still have a foot. If you are an accomplished welder, and its just cosmetic, i dont see why it would give you any trouble. I have seen much worse damages repaired to near perfection, but only if the technician knows what he or she is doing.

·
Registered
379 Posts
1/ Do NOT weld the cases if the damage is only superficial.... Bondo and paint is all you need.

2/ Do NOT protect a falling Motorcycle with your Body Parts. They will make MORE motorcycles. However this may not be the case for your body parts...

·
Registered
39 Posts
i want to think that with some solid mount foot pegs, a lot of that rash might have been avoided. i'm amazed haw good those little aluminum crash bobbins do.
yeay on boots, your lucky.

·
Banned
112 Posts
you can buy Motocorsa iron or titanium tail protector from www.motocorse.it and so the right protector for radiator in carbon.for the genuine parts...you must be very lucky...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts