MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead:
Well i will bet I am the first. I slid the R in Louisiana, probably the only R in Louisiana. The bike held up well and I will submitt pictures as attachments. I can say the frame protectors saved the frame and a pair of Adio shoes saved my ankle. I jamed my leg under the bike for dear life and it seemed to protect it pretty well until i was finally ripped away from the bike, my leg on the other hand has a healthy bit of rash. :violin:

parts hit (I need and am guessing will have to buy new)

right brake lever
right foot peg and brake lever
right mirror
right bar end
right frame protector
right radiator aluminum thingy
right Bam Adio shoe (you guys this shoe is wicked tough and without a doubt saved my ankle. I jammed my leg under that bike like a skid puck, if you want some stuff to ride and walk in I strongly reccomend these, looks good with a black bike)

things that matter
Transmission Trap Door
Righ lower cases

I used to drag race Sportsters and i have grenaded many a case. I am considering welding and refinishing the case as the damages are mainly cosmetic. I am however a little concerned about warpage and case porosity but thinking the aluminum will be pretty good since I paid nearly 20 g's for the bike. at any rate if anyone has parts send me a message e-mail is [email protected] and I will keep people up to date on repairs so if this happens to you you might have some different ideas to repair your little disaster.

P.S. some one pulled out in front of me after an s curve and promptly hauled tail after they saw me go down. I love LA! Goin offshore so TTYL!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Nice to hear you are okay, sorry to hear about the mishap...Not worth an insurance claim, I suppose (?)

As for this...

"you guys this shoe is wicked tough and without a doubt saved my ankle. I jammed my leg under that bike like a skid puck, if you want some stuff to ride and walk in I strongly reccomend these, looks good with a black bike"

...Not to be a safety-beyotch, but I hear a good set of riding boots or even half boots work quite well, also... ;)

Good luck getting her all back in one piece, and don't worry, I agree, Karma is a wicked boomerang, that guy will get his...

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, I agree about the shoes, and I did cry briefly out of frustration when the dude fled. I had only had the bike for a matter of weeks and had laid over my BMW K100 (fattest ugliest most wonderful bike to get eggs milk and 12 pack of beer on) a multitude of times with horrible results. Initially thought the damages ere a lot worse but they still suck. you guys are right on the riding boots. there is no doubt they are more safe but being in Louisiana, we dance zydaco and its hard enough in regular shoes. riding boots might criple a partner (toe stomp). The Adios are skater shoes and have a tough ankle gaed but no steel toe. That sucker was planted firmly under the bike for as I could. I will say though that my hamberger shin would not have been nearly as bad with boots.
If you think skate shoes aren't much for safety, you should try going down with a pair of Armani Exchange jeans! the lower leg ripped off like stripper pants! BTW had a Carhardt denim insulated jacket on and didn't get so much as a hole but did rip off the Louisiana off shore patch.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Good to know you came out ok, were you not worried about your ankles? that scares me enough to always ware boots....

·
Registered
161 Posts
bummer - at least you're not too mashed up. very upsetting when your bike gets scraped tho :bawling: - wishing you & the 910r a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
If you want some help feel free to haul it up once you have all your parts! I have most of the factory special tools needed, some knowhow and the manuals. I'm sure we could have it done with time to spare for a ride! I'm just north of Dallas. We could also get it tuned up and optimized and if you wanted over to a dyno after your base setup for pcIII tuning HAHA.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I’m very sorry to hear about your unfortunate accident. I share your feelings right now especially since I recently laid mine down in June. As many of you know “hppsco” ended up buying my 910 S. You’re also very lucky none of the plastic bodywork was damaged.
It’s amazing what can be done to repair the scratches on the engine case as was evident from the before and after pictures I saw of my previous bike after “hppsco” bought it.
I know it doesn’t help you feel any better, but thankfully you are alright!

·
Registered
114 Posts
clandestinejinx, Sorry about your crash. I have a damage question. Do you think fixed foot pegs would have saved your engine case damage?? I am looking for pegs that grip my boot better. I was considering non folders. Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts