MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I picked up my Dragster RR, I was lucky enough to go out on the new Brutale 1000RR.
I wasn't expecting it so I did not have my vlogging gear unfortunately.
Happy to answer any questions.

It is in the following Brutale vs Rush video.

Reactions: bogie

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been out on the Streetfighter V4S.

The Ducati is more comfortable and makes a better noise, stock, in the low to mid range. A great bike, perhaps a little unevenful until you hit the higher revs. My main problem with it is that is does not feel 'special'. They should have built a ground-up bespoke naked bike. I am not massively turned on by the looks either, too much alloy.

The MV is better looking. The details are excellent as usual. The back end and exhaust setup is amazing. The new TFT is less cluttered than the rest. Gear change and fueling are superb. It is a very stretched forward and low position which, for me, and others may be an ergonomic problem. As you can see in the short clip of me riding it away, I look like I am on a 1960s racer with severe clip ons.

Acceleration is brutal on both when you get to 6k to 8k. You wouldn;t come close to whacking full throttle on, even with the tech on as it is so ridiculous.

Due to the gearing I would say the MV is more 'fun' and that may still seal it for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can't thank you enough for your input. I have a 2020 Streetfighter. I do like it but the seating position is kind of awkward for me. Are you over thy bars, not really, but you're not upright either. The way I count it up, by the time you add all the carbon fiber to the Ducati you're a fair amount closer to the MV. Did you notice a difference between the V4 and I4? I'll never utilize the full potential of either bike.
Thanks for the help and the video.

John

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think anybody would utlise the full power of the bikes. You'd need the long straight at Le Mans or the Nurburgring but way before you get to 180MPH you would have been blown off the back :)

I can't say I noticed a difference between inline and the V configuration. Both have more character than Honda's 1000 engine though not as smooth. For these bikes, raw is better anyway.

My Streetfighter review goes up next week. Certainly, if you added a few bits and the exhaust option you hit the price of the 1000RR but neither bike needs the can as they sound so bloody good stock, even with the compliance rules - both did a great job - they both basically outpowered the restrictions!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts