MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would be really important if maybe we can create some type of member supported charity fund (that no asshole can rob of course). Set up securely, and monitored, maintained and audited by the membership. There are a hundred million things to donate to, so to cut the chance of problems now (which would only turn to lack of action and no donations), I propose we donate anything we raise toward up to 3 CHILDREN's funds that the membership agrees upon. Let's keep the focus strictly on helping kids. We find charities in need, we make a list, we vote on who to help via majority rule, we donate.

*Selling unused gear on ebay is a great way to scrape up donations.

Anyone interested?

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
I can hock my Batman utility belt and cape, and probably find some change in my couch...I'm in, "You know...For the kids!" <- WHAT MOVIE???.

I saw this smiley on the MTV Awards last night... :conveyer:

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Well I've been donating blood every three/four months for the last 13 years. At least I know I am indirectly saving someones life and its going to good use.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
spalding12 said:
hmmmmm
well, this hasn't gone well at all

i was suspecting a rather different reaction to robert's request
people helping people is never popular, the response thus far is better than i expected, but it's a start, get the idea floated, see who's on board, figure logistics, then engage in action.......

MV owners are a cut above the masses (usually), thus we should as a group definitely consider these type of things. Yes it's a MC forum, but at the same time it's a community that can make things happen IF it choses to.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Triple Seven said:
people helping people is never popular, the response thus far is better than i expected, but it's a start, get the idea floated, see who's on board, figure logistics, then engage in action.......

MV owners are a cut above the masses (usually), thus we should as a group definitely consider these type of things. Yes it's a MC forum, but at the same time it's a community that can make things happen IF it choses to.
then.... we agree to push forward until it DOES happen

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Humm.. this is a difficult one. My wife works for a charitable trust that helps under priviledged kids as part of their remit. I (along with most of us here I suspect) have favourite charities I support from time to time. Cancer research and guide dogs for blind people are my two. Let's face it, there are hundreds and thousands of good causes out there, each one in need of funds to keep working.

For me this site is an oasis to which I retreat from the stress and strains of everyday life to discuss and hopefully learn a few things about my favourite brand of motorcycle with like minded souls, to (hopefully) shut out the horrors and the realities of life for a few minutes or hours. Those of us who are fortunate enough to own an MV could all go out tomorrow and sell it and give all the money to charity, but we won't do it, but it's OK to put $5 or £5 in a pot and we can pat ourselves on the back and our conscience is clear until the next worthy cause comes along.

I'm sorry Robert each of us on this site has our own decision to make about their reaction to your request, mine is a negative one.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
spalding12 said:
then.... we agree to push forward until it DOES happen
it's really up to the membership...... i dont see any support for the idea (yet) from Admin, so unless he gives his effort, it most likely wont fly. if Admin does get involved then it most likely would take off and we can donate in the name of "MVagusta.net" or "MV owners". Most people are selfish, but it only takes a few to make change in someone's life.

PS. if you are not interested, stay out of the thread. Negative posts serve no purpose.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Great idea, I'm in.

Btw. every Harley club is able to organize Toy Rides for kids in need of help, why shouldn't this be possible for MV riders.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I keep my donations to myself. I do donate to certain causes, mostly roadracing related, and some kids type stuff through work. I kind of want to keep this my business.

However, if anyone wants to donate to the privateer racer #117 (CCS-SW), I'm all for it! Heh. I should have some results before the end of the year, hopefully.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Wow...I was waiting to even look at this thread because I wanted to see how many people would be up for the idea (I expected a lot of us). I am pretty disappointed to see the turn out on this one...but everyone has their reasons for participating or not and there should certainly be no pressure.

I started a 501(c)3 foundation a few years ago called the "Catch A Star Foundation", the charter was to help underpriviledged kids have better access to science and technology. Unfortunately, I had to put it on the back burner due to work demands. Instead I joined the board of a foundation called "Telescopes In Education" that does some of the same things I was planning to do.

Anyway, all that to say that I am happy to help out with either time or money on something here if we can figure out what it is we want to do. I would prefer it was something for kids.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts