MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got my 2000 F4 it had this aftermarket carbon fiber type exhaust ends already installed. I thought it was pretty cool.
But now since I got my 2002 Senna I like the stock look better.

Since my Senna came with an extra set of mufflers, I thought I could just use the LowPerf set and install them on my 2000 NM.

Is there some reason I shouldn't do this? what are the advantages to leaving the aftermarket pipes on?
I am not a racer, and the Senna is faster anyways.

What you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
I personally do not feel carbon fiber belongs on exhaust cans. I would switch STAT. I have Arrows on mine and love the agressive sound they produce.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes - I am planning to do that right away.
Was just wondering why everyone changes the exhaust - what is wrong with the stock ones?

Am I gonna be unhappy with performance and sound?

·
Vendor
5,330 Posts
Quote "Am I gonna be unhappy with performance and sound"?

Probably yes.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I put RG3 on my EVO3 and the difference was awesome. the engine spun up so much easier and the power delivery was smoother over the whole range with the RG3 compared to the standard pipes. They RG3 also increase the hp a small amount. Sound wise … even my Ducati riding friends liked the exhaust note.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
No.

Personally, I hate the silmoto/fbf pipes because they (to me) look cheap. They make more noise and may have a slight effect on the performance, but considering you also have a Senna, that shouldn't be a problem. The stock exhaust is quieter and heavier, but looks much better and matches the lines of the bike.

It's all personal preference, but you could make some quick cash from those silmotos.

And now noticing that you have a Neiman Marcus, the stock exhaust will probably increase value and desireability.

·
Vendor
5,330 Posts
SilMoto are one of the aftermarket systems available and are open pipes.I could be wrong but your Senna should have the RG3 system,also a free flowing exhaust.The standard exhaust is very quiet,heavy and robs the motor of power that is available with less restrictive systems.Hope I explained myself properly.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks - pretty much exactly what i thought.
the bike will look better and be more desirable with the stock system.
But will be quieter and slower then what I have now.

Special bike = gotta do it

·
Vendor
5,330 Posts
It's just a matter of personnel choice,how you want to customize your dream.There is no right or wrong way.:mouthwate

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
The RG3's looking the same as OEM and sound definitely better but are not to loud either.
So why are You not looking for some of these ?
In the worst case I have my old RG3's laying around and they would need some serious cleaning / polishing.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Since the Senna came to me with 2 sets of exhaust - it was kinda a win-win.
I get to change back to OEM for free.

I really believe my Neiman Marcus bike should be all stock.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so it appears that the factory Y has been replaced -
and I bet there is a performance header all the way back to the block.

All the attachment points are the same as OEM and the only missing part is the small retaining plate and 2 screw at the bottom.

Is there any reason I can't just remove the slip-ons and replace with the factory mufflers?

I know... I would be de-tuning what ever I got from the header, but it restores the factory look.

And most importantly --- I can do it myself. :smoking:

Attachments

·
Vendor
5,330 Posts
OK,so you are going back to original slip-ons,thats fine but what ECU is on the bike at the moment?If the fuelling is set-up for the pipes on there now,it will not be right for standard pipes.Just beware of that.You may get that bracket from Carl (CAG) on the forum.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is what I was afraid of. no way to tell, but I bet it is tuned to those pipes.

that means it needs to go to someone with a diagnostics computer to reset the chip.
SUX.... :(

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Take all the lower fairings off and take some pics. Also, upload a pic of the ECU. Let's see if we can figure this thing out. Also, if it's a standard ECU, there should be a black rubber plug underneath. If you remove that, it will expose the EPROM. Showing us that may help as well.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts