MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
Why did you have to show me this? I'm liking these.

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Are they really using genuine 1940’s classic bumper cars like the Lusse and Dodgem bodies ?..

Although these look cool and fun, surely they’re not cannibalising original bumper cars.. :stickpoke

That’s like turning an E Type Jaguar into a Beach buggy… It’s just not the done thing !

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are they really using genuine 1940’s classic bumper cars like the Lusse and Dodgem bodies ?..

Although these look cool and fun, surely they’re not cannibalising original bumper cars.. :stickpoke

That’s like turning an E Type Jaguar into a Beach buggy… It’s just not the done thing !

Some are and some aren't. The OP is an original, whatever brand. It's the real deal, modded for an ATV chassis.

I'd have to research the "trend" to see what quantity of others are authentic or reproductions. But I agree with you, though I hadn't previously considered it. It wouldn't be that difficult to reproduce instead of cannibalize.

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
I hope they are reproduction fibre glass bodies and not the real deal.. It would seem a shame to use a genuine vintage alloy bumper car.. They're works of art and should be saved..

Randy: You should build a Fire Engine version..

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I hope they are reproduction fibre glass bodies and not the real deal.. It would seem a shame to use a genuine vintage alloy bumper car.. They're works of art and should be saved..

Randy: You should build a Fire Engine version..
Sad as it is, few/some/many/most of them are genuine vintage bumper cars. I just don't know how many.

But there can't be thousands of these things. They're a bit expensive for such a narrow-focused toy.

That first one is a genuine Dodgem, for sure. Like this 1959...

image.jpg

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The group of 8 cars was built by Tom Wright of Vista, CA. He built them for himself and will not sell them. All 8 are authentic vintage bumper cars from the '40s and '50s, and they're on a variety of ATV chassis.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts