MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, killer looking bike but I couldn't live with the step down in power. If they'd just make an Oro in the black/gold scheme and put the 212HP Brutale 1000 motor in it, I swear I'd buy 2 of them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
And I'll consider buying a third if you get rid of the ridiculous screen. The TFT screen on that bike looks like a perfectly restored 55 Chevy with a flip out Alpine headhunt grafted into the dash. Why? Why???

·
Registered
304 Posts
Actually I really like the screen. It's really, really good.

I think you really need to see it in the flesh (and ride) the bike before jumping to conclusions.

·
Administrator
20,750 Posts
DucShop in Marietta has 2 on the floor at the moment. One traditional red and silver and one black....

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Superveloce is super fast
how fast does super-fast need to be
a Superveloce,
I know I know 212hp 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Superveloce is super fast
If you're currently riding a 600 that probably seems true. I'm not even saying they need to kill the 800 version, they just need to offer an up-power model for riders that have grown accustomed to higher HP bikes - preferably without the spastic ADD asian teenager screen.

Seriously, beautiful bike that looks like some tasteless hack modder slapped an AIM MXS Strada on the bars. The black version of it might be the best looking bike they ever made.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
A higher cc engine would beef up the frame size, no?
I haven't had the chance to see one in this MV desert of Philly.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
How is it a step DOWN in power? It is has the 3 cyl. 800cc engine and makes 148-150hp, same as the F3 800. It also is a very light bike with a great power to weight ratio, rivaling many open class bikes. If it had the bigger 1000c 4cyl. engine it would look much bulkier, i.e. uglier.

Besides no one can really handle 212 hp! It is just bragging rights! I know, I own the 212hp Brutale 1000 RR and a 210hp Ducati 1199R track bike. That much power actually might make you go slower. All you worry about is braking soon enough for the next corner. Nevermind riding clean lines and hitting apexes.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
also is a very light bike with a great power to weight ratio, rivaling many open class bikes. If it had the bigger 1000c 4cyl. engine it would look much bulkier, i.e. uglier.
Agreed, the beauty is the balance between form and function. —Manifesto ‘small is beautiful’ applies.

ref:

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
I felt the same way about the 800 until I bought the Dragster. It certainly performs better than any 800 I have ever riden or many 900+ bikes. Screams it does. In a glorious way.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Besides no one can really handle 212 hp! It is just bragging rights! I know, I own the 212hp Brutale 1000 RR and a 210hp Ducati 1199R track bike. That much power actually might make you go slower. All you worry about is braking soon enough for the next corner. Nevermind riding clean lines and hitting apexes.
Please, tell us more. This is good stuff.

*This statement is disputed by people who can actually handle 212hp.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I felt the same way about the 800 until I bought the Dragster. It certainly performs better than any 800 I have ever riden or many 900+ bikes. Screams it does. In a glorious way.
Having owned two F3's and two Dragsters, I would not say that the Dragster performs better than the F3, it is more aggressive yes, but the F3 power band is smoother and easier to ride.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
What more is there to say? 200+ hp bikes are too fast for anybody but full professionals on a track.

On the track, I may be faster on my Ducati 1199R over one lap. Over a 20 min session, I am certain I would be faster on a middle weight like a F3 800 or a Ducati 959. On the big bike, oftentimes, especially when I am still hanging off to the side of the bike, I cannot accelerate as hard as I'd like because I literally do not have enough strength to hold on and still control the bike The acceleration is so ferocious, that it wears me out over a few laps. Okay, approaching my mid 50s, I may not be in the best shape of my life, but I am still one of the faster A-level riders.
Then there is the braking. Corners come up so damn fast, all you worry about is braking soon enough to make the next corner often missing apexes and thus not having clean lines - especially after a few laps when fatigue sets in.
All the above is of course multiplied when riding on the streets. But if you have to have the latest and greatest,......... I am guilty of it too. 🤪

·
Registered
2020 Superveloce 800, 2002 RC51, 2008 E90 M3, some SUVs
14 Posts
I just got my SV800 last weekend. And to me the dash is not a problem at all. The leather strap is a much riskier design move. But yes, it's kind of a strange bike: retro styling with sophisticated electronics, and the dash is needed for all the digital capability. To me it doesn't stand out or look weird at all. I can post pics if interested.

That said, it's the most beautiful machine I've seen in a while.

As for power, I could have gotten a Panigale (and thought about it seriously) but yeah, what the hell am I gonna do with 200 or more HP on the street? My RC51, I used to wring it's neck on the track, but even on that old thing I almost never run through more than one or maybe two gears full throttle up to red line on the street.

·
Registered
204 Posts
At the age of 79 I do not have the problem of "hanging of the side of the bike"🤣🤣
The only time that I have ever hung off the side of a bike is on my way to the ground.

Reactions: Edward and XPARAUK

·
Registered
182 Posts
I just got my SV800 last weekend. And to me the dash is not a problem at all. The leather strap is a much riskier design move. But yes, it's kind of a strange bike: retro styling with sophisticated electronics, and the dash is needed for all the digital capability. To me it doesn't stand out or look weird at all. I can post pics if interested.

That said, it's the most beautiful machine I've seen in a while.

As for power, I could have gotten a Panigale (and thought about it seriously) but yeah, what the hell am I gonna do with 200 or more HP on the street? My RC51, I used to wring it's neck on the track, but even on that old thing I almost never run through more than one or maybe two gears full throttle up to red line on the street.
I hear ya.....
My 2000 MV F4 750 is plenty fun for the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts