1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
150 Posts
Here in the UK our national weekly bike paper MCN will have the 312r test in it on Wednesday this week. I have already done a deal on the 1000r but with the option to change it to the 312 next week, but they cant get a black one for a month and I really dont want to wait....

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
hood said:
Here in the UK our national weekly bike paper MCN will have the 312r test in it on Wednesday this week. I have already done a deal on the 1000r but with the option to change it to the 312 next week, but they cant get a black one for a month and I really dont want to wait....
A month will only put us into May, but there again Italian months are sometimes longer than ours :)

I guess I don't need to remind you that MCN will herald the 312 as the best bike ever, then start pushing it off the pedestal in coming weeks in true Sun/Star jurno fashion (National papers for those outside the UK) They have already started this with the 1098 :jerkoff:

James C (FAQ) etc told me last week that the 312R runs closed loop lambda emission control, he also mistakenly tried the 312 VDSTS software on a 1000R and found he could not alter the co (makes sense really) It will be interesting to see if the 312R suffers from the same flat spots that the 1000R does before you change the ecu to the RG3 version

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pigiolino said:
Pier......
please stop everything that you are doing....
drive to the airport and board a plane for tampa, fl....
i'll pick you up..... then you can come over to my house and TRANSLATE ALL OF THIS FOR ME..... :)

thanks for the link, Pier

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
(I guess I don't need to remind you that MCN will herald the 312 as the best bike ever, then start pushing it off the pedestal in coming weeks in true Sun/Star jurno fashion (National papers for those outside the UK) They have already started this with the 1098 )

Having owned a very nice 748R then changed to a 999 when they first came out, I dont take too much notice of what the papers since i bought one of them in part based on their reports. The first ones were terrible, so I would not want to do their development for them again. Even though i like the look of the 1098 a fifteen litre tank is no good to me, and it is nowhere near the quality of the MV's

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hood said:
Even though i like the look of the 1098 a fifteen litre tank is no good to me, and it is nowhere near the quality of the MV's
it turns out that ducati CLAIMS the bike has a 15L/4 gallon tank
but.... NO ONE has been able to put more than 3.5 gallons in the tank

at least the bike gets 35 mpg

the S4Rs gets 27 mpg.... and has the same 3.6 gallon tank

it's good that MV gives us a 5 gallon tank in the brutale....
i STILL have NO IDEA how my bike gets such HORRIBLE gas mileage
it makes no sense at all

my BMW
10 more RWHP
150# heavier
14 more MPG

science says that isn't even possible
but....
somehow.....
MV finds a way to "lose" gas somewhere

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
You are right Mike. The bike mag's give you the shits. They rave about something, then next week something better etc etc. If you try and get influenced by it all you will go mad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts