MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying a 2012 Brutale 1090RR for $6k. 13k miles, stock and looks clean, vin is clean, but I have not seen it in person. I have a video of it running and there are no strange clinking noises. What are the main things to look out for on a bike like this?

·
Premium Member
5,630 Posts
For that price it looks more like an amazing deal.

·
Wing Nut
21,595 Posts
Damn...You are stealing that bike !! The Brutale B4's are pretty well sorted since 2008. Check the headlight glass and the rear hub service. Ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
2,752 Posts
I am buying a 2012 Brutale 1090RR for $6k. 13k miles, stock and looks clean, vin is clean, but I have not seen it in person. I have a video of it running and there are no strange clinking noises. What are the main things to look out for on a bike like this?
Yes you did

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Damn...You are stealing that bike !! The Brutale B4's are pretty well sorted since 2008. Check the headlight glass and the rear hub service. Ride safe.
Ed, were there any changes to the Brutale 910R that made a 2008 better than a 2007?

·
Super Moderator
2,752 Posts
I may have this a little wrong, but the changes that I'm aware of is that the 910R came out in two in first a Euro2 and then Euro3 compliant model. Basing it on actual year is a little fraught.

I am not sure how many 910S models were produced and if they were both Euro2/3 versions - you could call them 2008 models perhaps ???

1. Upgraded Service Power Unit (SPU)
2. Slightly larger radiator with dual fans (which were applied to the 989 and 1078 models)

Cheers

Reactions: italia

·
Wing Nut
21,595 Posts
Ed, were there any changes to the Brutale 910R that made a 2008 better than a 2007?
In the USA that is the year model when the 5SM ECU arrived on the 910S and R bikes (Euro3) with sequential injection and ignition. A vast improvement over the 16M ECU used prior to that.

The other minor changes were just listed by Cruiser.

Reactions: italia

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the comments - bike on the way

Thanks, the comments were helpful - It may need a chain and I will probably add bar end mirrors but I think everything else is in great shape.
thanks
Saor

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thanks, the comments were helpful - It may need a chain and I will probably add bar end mirrors but I think everything else is in great shape.
thanks
Saor
Did you end up getting it? Post pics!

·
Super Moderator
23,565 Posts
@saor: Somehow we turned a thread about a great deal on a 1090RR into a thread about the differences between two early generation Brutales. The comments aren't applicable to your 1090RR.

Gents. Can we try to keep threads on track lest they become confusing to the new folks....?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts