MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a mid pipe for $329 shipped to US from a guy i Las Vegas who does alot of biz w/ Arrow (also in Vegas) unforunatly he only can get the SS mid pipe and not the RG3 but it is a good start. Proitalia wanted 499 +tax:jerkoff:
Here is the website:

http://www.gearitalia.com/product.asp?ID=1076&C=10&S=14

he was selling for 369 but he beat another price and decided to lower his price. So I told him I would post his info for doing it. Good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't piss away your money that you don't have...

It's a bike not a piece of real estate. Some of the people on this post have alot of money and they don't piss it away. Do some basic things first then when you have investment and cah to burn on the extras it will make feel better. If you are strapped and stressed out while ridding this bike you will not be focused. Yeah the TI pipes are sexy but to buy them just for that reason when it sound like you have other priorities seems foolish. Just a little advice for what ever it is worth. I always wanted a Senna and could have afforded to buy one cash new but I waited until the right deal came along and I struck fast. $20,600 on ebay (yeah I am the guy who took the chance on the zero feedback seller a few weeks ago). The mid pipe will suffice until you have the dough. Listen to some of these guys who have had their bikes for almost two years who are telling you not to buy the pipes. This is how we go into debt and never get out. It's the americn way. Go buy a piece of real estate or an investment and then buy the bike or pipes of your dreams. I bought a brand new 999s with 3 miles from a local dealer for 14,700. Why because it was in inventory too long and the 1098's were just coming out and all the posers hade to have the latest greatest. I will wait until some guy who buy's one and put's only a few hundred miles on it and has to sell it because he can't make the rent or does not know what he/she was getting into. Will you be that guy??????:banghead:

·
Registered
158 Posts
interesting observation - OK
good advice - No Way
Waiting for the "Best Deal"...and meanwhile?
If u can afford it - go for it.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Yeah I don't know about all that other stuff, but if you want to save a few (like $500 US) bucks you can simply have your stock midpipe (stainless and beatiful) cut, gutted and rewelded for about $50 bucks. I had my welder (not even an engineer) do it for me recently and if he knows what he's doing with stainless steel (which my guy did) it comes out perfect and run sweat. $500.00 minus 50.00 = a $450.00 dollar cost saving, plus a cleaner more original looking bike.

·
Registered
71 Posts
MV1 said:
Yeah I don't know about all that other stuff, but if you want to save a few (like $500 US) bucks you can simply have your stock midpipe (stainless and beatiful) cut, gutted and rewelded for about $50 bucks. I had my welder (not even an engineer) do it for me recently and if he knows what he's doing with stainless steel (which my guy did) it comes out perfect and run sweat. $500.00 minus 50.00 = a $450.00 dollar cost saving, plus a cleaner more original looking bike.
I have done this method on my cars in the past, then when i had the money bought a real off road exhaust. when i just gut my cats it gave me better sound, but really no power gains, when I put the correct pipes in they added about 8hp on the dyno, the proper pipe will flow alot better, and on the bike of course you see the pipe, so it will look cleaner.

that being said i got my arrow mid here https://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=120
for 329, and you can buy the whole header with mid for just over 700

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
odogg88 said:
I have done this method on my cars in the past, then when i had the money bought a real off road exhaust. when i just gut my cats it gave me better sound, but really no power gains, when I put the correct pipes in they added about 8hp on the dyno, the proper pipe will flow alot better, and on the bike of course you see the pipe, so it will look cleaner.

that being said i got my arrow mid here https://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=120
for 329, and you can buy the whole header with mid for just over 700
Yeah I am an old car guy myself, but I don't think that this type of mod translates in the same way. The shape of the car style OEM cat's can vary greatly by manufacture and are usually not the most complimentry in terms of shape and design. In contrast the MV item (other then it's core of course) is actualy very well made and has a good overall shape and design- with good flow properties to boot. This is exactly why I felt that it was worth doing in the first place, but don't worry I'm sure someone will be interested in your system.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My appologie for the advice

You were just complaing about not having the dough. All I was doing was giving an alternative. Of course if you have the money go for it. But make sure it is disposable income not discresionary income. As I said many people who have the money spent it on other thing that are more of a benifit to your bike than the full ti pipes. I can afford them but why? Just because they are sexy and cool looking? I was trying to point out that there are deals out there if you look and are patient. Impulse can cause hardship and then people have to sell at a major lose to make ends meet. This is the investment advisor in me. I sell commercial investment real estate and I was just trying to give some friendly free advice for all who choose to accept it. Sorry for putting my two cents worth in, folks. From now on I will just pass on he advise and soak up the info I read on the posts.:green:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
also I saw motovation for the midpipe and..

The guy from gearitalia beat his price, He actually is friends with that guy in austin but I could not get the motovation guy on the phone as I had a hard time finding the # on the site (is it there or am I blind) and the Gearitalia guy Todd who races told me when I was going to buy the SS header too that you will not gain any more power out of it for the extra 400 or so bucks. Maybe it little less heat but the main thing that holds the heat in is the cat. He said cermamic coting is the ticket. He said ony estheticly it looks cleaner and he did it on Brutale because it can be seen. I like a guy who does not talk you into something rather then just make a sale. He spoke to me for over a half hour. That is why I went with him. ...and ther I go putting my two cents in again:stickpoke

·
Registered
225 Posts
I agree with Sennaster entirely about pissing away $$$ for the latest and greatest. Eight weeks ago I bought an '05 F4 1000S with 1200 miles from a friend of mine who was getting married in September. He needed the dough and sold me the bike for $13000. Just before I bought it, I popped down to Munroe Motors to ask them a few questions about the bike as it had originally been sold and serviced by them. As nice as MM are, they tried to talk me out of the F4 1000S saying that the F4 1000R they had on the floor was the 'latest and greatest' thing, more hp, (does a few extra hp and 1lb of torque really make a difference), better brakes, nicer wheels, blah, blah, blah. Oh, did I mention it was $25K out the door. Do the math. I got a great deal. Even after buying a set of satin black marchesini's and monoblock radial Brembos, I'm still way ahead by $7K and have the bike looking exactly how I want it. I'll post pictures soon.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
gazzer996 said:
I agree with Sennaster entirely about pissing away $$$ for the latest and greatest. Eight weeks ago I bought an '05 F4 1000S with 1200 miles from a friend of mine who was getting married in September. He needed the dough and sold me the bike for $13000. Just before I bought it, I popped down to Munroe Motors to ask them a few questions about the bike as it had originally been sold and serviced by them. As nice as MM are, they tried to talk me out of the F4 1000S saying that the F4 1000R they had on the floor was the 'latest and greatest' thing, more hp, (does a few extra hp and 1lb of torque really make a difference), better brakes, nicer wheels, blah, blah, blah. Oh, did I mention it was $25K out the door. Do the math. I got a great deal. Even after buying a set of satin black marchesini's and monoblock radial Brembos, I'm still way ahead by $7K and have the bike looking exactly how I want it. I'll post pictures soon.
I got news for you- not only did you save a truck load of money but you also got the bike with the stronger / cleaner power band to boot (check the stats) :drummer: Good choice man. :f4:

·
Registered
71 Posts
gazzer996 said:
you were able to put radial monoblocks on your o 05' without changing the forks?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts