MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my F4 750 11 years. It is a beautiful bike to look at.

Everybody said they handled like a dream

I have owned Ducatis and still do and It was not on a par with them.

It came to the UK as a parallel import and I bought it from the original owner with 1500 miles on the clock.
It used to go around left handers realy nice but never felt that stable going around right handers.

I stiffened the suspension and that improved it a bit but it never felt as stable as a Ducati

The bike has done 23000 miles now. i bought some PP racing bars and footrests and that made it more comfortable but didn't imporove the handling.

Anyhow I wrecked the engine a while back and managed to get an SPR motor with no miles on it.
having fitted the motor
I had took the steering damper off and it was a bit awkward getting the screws back in at either end of the chrome rod.
Not long ago I had an electrical problem and had the bike stripped again.

This time i undid the clamp that holds the body of the steering damper and took it off completely
When I put it back together I lined the wheels up and reclamped the steering damper and imediately felt the steering was much looser
I cannot believe the difference its a new bike and so lovely to ride
And before anybody has a go would you have thought that a steering damper clamped 3mm out (there is a mark where it use to be clamped) would make such a difference

·
Registered
150 Posts
trickydicky;661322 When I put it back together I lined the wheels up and reclamped the steering damper and imediately felt the steering was much looser I cannot believe the difference its a new bike and so lovely to ride And before anybody has a go would you have thought that a steering damper clamped 3mm out (there is a mark where it use to be clamped) would make such a difference[/QUOTE said:
So your steering lock was reduced buy the non-symmetrical position? I don't quite understand the results of the commentary. The dampers seem to stiffen up over the years unless rebuilt IMO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts