MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2007 F4 R1000 1+1. This thing is a beast.

In the first picture you can kind of see that the red on the upper and side fairings are different. Not sure what the story with that is.

The bike has a couple of mods that I know of. It has an Arrow exhaust, and it has a "Dynojet Power Commander". Can somebody tell me what the Power Commander is for? It looks like it would let you adjust air/fuel ratio (see picture).

As you can see in the second picture, the previous owner wrapped the headers, but only #1 and #4. I guess I will have to somehow do the same for #2 and #3.

Finally, I noticed that the cooling fans are OEM plastic and they are in the early stage of melting. I have been reading this forum and I think I will install the OEM impeller kit and also the Muzzy fans.

By the way, I'm in Texas, so I will pay extra attention to possible overheating issues. I don't plan to commute, but over here it's so crowded that you never know when you will get stuck in traffic. If there are other "must do" mods other than the impeller and the aluminum fans, please let me know.

Anyway, I'm very happy with this bike so far. It is everything I was hoping for.

Regards,

Franco

Attachments

·
Registered
988 Posts
Nice :mouthwate

Here's a quick tip. The rubber nuts that go into the air box, closest to the rider, that holds the little plastic wings on the side, could be deteriorated. If the nuts fall into the box, they could make their way down into the top of the engine :jsm: I think you need to do a search on "Rivnuts" :)

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Nice :mouthwate

Here's a quick tip. The rubber nuts that go into the air box, closest to the rider, that holds the little plastic wings on the side, could be deteriorated. If the nuts fall into the box, they could make their way down into the top of the engine :jsm: I think you need to do a search on "Rivnuts" :)
+1

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate

Good bike, hope you have lot's of good times on it.

By the looks of things the previous owner had dropped it, so resprayed the fairing side's at a guess. That's just judging by the scrape marks on the frame, next to the engine.
The Arrow pipes are standard, he also cut out the Catalytic converter for you and welded a piece of pipe in it's place.

Rob's dead right about keeping a eye on those rubber Well-nuts. Download the manuals if you want them from my website and you will find maintenance is quite easy on the MV's.

Power Commander might help a bit for fueling on the 1000R's if the tuner was on the ball.

Make sure your chain is not too tight and don't overfill the coolant (min level only).

Have fun mate.

·
Registered
7,700 Posts
Enjoy. Read lots of different threads here on the heat issues so you will be able to solve them if you have any. Not sure why the nose is a different red than the sides. The mirrors will be the same red, so do your mirrors match the nose or the sides? Other than that, take her out and enjoy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
omg with the well nuts i will look into that, i rapped my headers and has helped with the heat coming off them not real sure if has helped with the engine temp alot though. ur bike looks great though

·
Registered
24 Posts
hard to tell from pic but does look like its been on its side due to marks on frame and may be replacement fairing, the silver seems to match hard to tell with the red but the nose cone seems a little orange maybe so may have been respray, but if u look on the inside of the panels u should be able to tell different colours in over spray. none the less still sexy bike.

·
Registered
212 Posts
, i rapped my headers and has helped with the heat coming off them not real sure if has helped with the engine temp allot though
Hello, wrapping headers will only help with the radiating/ambient heat that can cause the plastic fairings and fan blades ect to melt. It will have absolutely no affect on the internal engine running temperature,s.
Wrapping mine helped protect my newly painted fairings, very pleased with the results of keeping down the radiating heat.
Wonderful looking F4 Franco, congratulation's.
Brando

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Hello, wrapping headers will only help with the radiating/ambient heat that can cause the plastic fairings and fan blades ect to melt. It will have absolutely no affect on the internal engine running temperature,s.
Wrapping mine helped protect my newly painted fairings, very pleased with the results of keeping down the radiating heat.
Brando
You don't think that some of that radiant from the pipes add extra heat to the radiators and oil/heat exchanger ? Therefore causing a loss in cooling, and thus affecting engine temps Brandon, you might want to rethink that statement matey.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi Don. No I don't need to re think it. On both of our familys F4s ( which is what I base my comment's on ), wrapping the pipes have not made one bit of diferance in the running temperature of the engine. The engine temp gauge reads exactly the same as it did before they were wrapped. So how can I say that wrapping the pipes allows the engine to run cooler when my temp read out says other wise?
Were as it has cut down the heat to the fairings enough to stop the melting/distortion.
Brando

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Hi Don. No I don't need to re think it. On both of our familys F4s ( which is what I base my comment's on ), wrapping the pipes have not made one bit of diferance in the running temperature of the engine. The engine temp gauge reads exactly the same as it did before they were wrapped. So how can I say that wrapping the pipes allows the engine to run cooler when my temp read out says other wise?
Were as it has cut down the heat to the fairings enough to stop the melting/distortion.
Brando
Hey Brando, my name is Dons or Donsy not Don.
As far as your statement goes, I'm not going to argue, you make your own mind up.
Not everybody runs in the same climate, I'll promise you this much, over here, on my bike, wrapping the headers made a difference to the running temp.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hey Brando, my name is Dons or Donsy not Don.
VerY sorry Dons, I did not mean to cause offence. I naturally assumed that your user name was said as in "Don's", and that Don was your name. I now know :)
And yes I suppose the various world locations may play a part in the diferance's in engine temps. Your part of the world is after all warmer than were I live.
Brando

1 - 20 of 33 Posts