MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..who is looking for a used F4 right now. Just for fun I did a quick search on cycle trader and saw 4 used F4's nation wide. I guess bikes are suffering the same shortage as cars?

·
Super Moderator
24,299 Posts
...it's painful.... :p

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
It is certainly a funny market. Shortage of stock should make prices high, but not everyone has the confidence to part with their cash, which means that it may take longer to sell.
If you want to buy a new car in Oz it is not unusual to be told the delivery time will be 6 months.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
A lot of lux high-end items; Rolexes, 911's (used cars in general), Birkin bags, anything with a chip in it. In 2019 I was selling Submariners for 6k left and right. Can't get one under 10k now.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am one of those fools... :) I guess it is a wrong time to buy... but again, I am no rush.

It was your WTB ad that got me curious to do a search in the first place. When I bought my 05 F4 two years ago it was slim pickin's back then. If memory serves....one local bike with 13,000 miles for $11k in Long Beach, a branded title F4 in Oaklahoma for $6k, a shady F4 in Oakland and one on Ebay with bad pics. I ended up taking a risk after chatting with the owner and him checking out. Came from middle of nowhere New Mexio caked in red dust. But the price was right and it had low miles. Had some cosmetic mods but spent a few months tracking down OE parts to bring her back to stock.

Side note, I toyed with selling my 2018 Africa Twin Adventure Sports DCT but prices were in the toilet...not worth selling for peanuts. Besides, wife likes to ride on the back of the AT and she talked me out of selling.

I

·
Registered
10 Posts
Don't touch the one from Jager with a barge pole. If you have any problems you will pretty much be on your own.

I bought mine there, ended up getting it sorted at another garage.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
There has been on '02 F4 evo on cycletrader in Minnesota for quite some time. In my opinion, the price at 12k is pretty strong. There is also a 2008 312R at Eurocycles in Vegas for 19k. If i remember correctly, I also saw this bike on the Iconicmotorbikeauctions instagram a few weeks back and I thought they were going to feature it that is unless they had another 5 mile 312R.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Don't touch the one from Jager with a barge pole. If you have any problems you will pretty much be on your own.

I bought mine there, ended up getting it sorted at another garage.

Yesterday I heard something similar...
The gen1 1000R is a good one though. You won't have any issues with that one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yesterday I heard something similar...
The gen1 1000R is a good one though. You won't have any issues with that one.
It wasn't just me either, a bloke whose suspension had blown the seals a week in was told fair wear and tear on a 3 year old bike.

The only thing left is that the bike runs hot, but I will be fitting a jetprime water pump and hope that brings it down to a more acceptable running temperature.

·
Old Wing Nut
22,498 Posts
What is you idea of running hot? Normal operating temps are 85 to 100 C. Overheating is 105 C and up

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
It wasn't just me either, a bloke whose suspension had blown the seals a week in was told fair wear and tear on a 3 year old bike.

The only thing left is that the bike runs hot, but I will be fitting a jetprime water pump and hope that brings it down to a more acceptable running temperature.

So, what did you buy over there then?

·
Registered
34 Posts
There has been on '02 F4 evo on cycletrader in Minnesota for quite some time. In my opinion, the price at 12k is pretty strong. There is also a 2008 312R at Eurocycles in Vegas for $18,995. If i remember correctly, I also saw this bike on the Iconicmotorbikeauctions instagram a few weeks back and I thought they were going to feature it that is unless they had another 5 mile 312R.

From September 10, 2020:
"This MV sold for $10,807 after bids on Iconic Motorbike Auctions in Commerce City, Colorado."
:cry:

·
Registered
10 Posts
What is you idea of running hot? Normal operating temps are 85 to 100 C. Overheating is 105 C and up

2 bars over the line on the left, but no idea what that is temp wise.

I bought my F4 at Jager

If I could do it again, I would have bought elsewhere.

·
Registered
Brutale 910R 2006
17 Posts
Love that color scheme! (y)
And yes, Jager is a place where they sell mostly import bikes at a high rate, without giving much care about service.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have thought of "possibly" selling my Senna in order to get a CC or Tamburini, I could just keep it, but space is limited at both homes between cars trucks and bikes, and really only want one Mv, not multiple as I have with a few too many Ducatis.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts