MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordering an mv rg4 slip on for my 2012 f4r and the dealer is telling me that the slip on don't need an ECU also if you have to choose between the 2012 and 2013 style which one would you pick the 2013 fit on the 2012

·
Administrator
18,850 Posts
Welcome to the family !!!
If you are only replacing the mufflers, and not the rest of the system, then he may be right. I would guess that you would need the race ECU if you replace the full system as the catalyzer would be removed. But I am not very familiar with the newer bikes.

As to which style...up to you I should think. If both fit (I would think they do) pick the one you like! Where are you located? US, UK, AU, EU, NZ, somewhere else ????

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I'm pretty sure that MV issued a press release when the slip ons became available stating that the shorter '13 style would retro fit onto a '10+.

Si

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok I just find out that the new 13 performance slip on are Homologated and 50 state legal and has baffle means in not that lout the 2012 is race use only and not street legal with no baffle more sound. I when and order the 2012 I think is better deal

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
ok I just find out that the new 13 performance slip on are Homologated and 50 state legal and has baffle means in not that lout the 2012 is race use only and not street legal with no baffle more sound. I when and order the 2012 I think is better deal
First I hear of RG4's with no baffling in, are you sure they're talking about the same thing ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First I hear of RG4's with no baffling in, are you sure they're talking about the same thing ?
according to my dealer the RG4 slip on don't come with baffle or less baffle than the new 2013. also the 2013 wont fit in the RG4 header please keep in mind that this is what the dealer is telling me they don't care wich I choose that why I'm asking here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts