MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I would like to ask a question.

Currently im riding a Honda cbr1000rr '09.
Its for sale and i am looking around what ill buy next.

I have driven a f4r 2010 last week and i have to say a whole new world opened up for me.

But i would like to know what i can expect in maintenance and other hickups from a mv. It is a very exclusive bike and i only know the japaneese bikes.

If i would buy one it will be a new f4r by the way.

Could you give me some feedback on this.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
I don't know as much about the 2010+ models as some here do but the older MV's are quite reliable and easy to keep going for years. I have a 2002 F4 750 and it's more reliable than the R6 I own of a similar vintage. I'm aware of a few snags that the 2010+ models have but once those are eventually resolved I see no other reason why history should not repeat itself for the newer stuff.

One thing you will have to get used to when dealing with Italian bikes is being on your own somewhat. Buying tires parts and other accessories are not as straight forward as doing the same for a Japanese made bike. The key to survival here is to learn as much as you can about your bike and to be prepared ahead of time. Waiting for parts to ship from Italy can suck. This site is a great source of knowledge.

BTW. Welcome to the site and good luck with your new bike purchase.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
Mv?

Kris1979;
1st Welcome to the Forum....

my '08 Brutale 910R is coming up on 19,000mi

so far it has burned out a low beam bulb......thats it
absolutely nothing else broke or fell off

it has a MicroTec ECU and a Mitch rear hub

best bike i ever had PERIOD :drummer::drummer:

and i'm at over 1,400,000mi on bikes :naughty:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Do it. They move you in more than just a literal way ;) If you don't like it, you can always sell it. But at least you can say you tried one.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Reliability was also a concern of mine when I first looked at MV. My 2011 F4 has now 8000miles on it and 0 issues. Love the bike.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback so far.

As for knowing a bike i can pick apart the blade with my eyes closed.
As for the mv ill probably bring it to a expert.
I am going to buy it new if i decide to anyway.

Its still a really hard choice
Also because here in holland (Netherlands) they are quit expensive.

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
Agusta maintainence

Kris, if you can pull apart the CBR, the Agusta will be like working on a tricycle. It is immeasurably easier to work on than the Honda. You can have it torn down to this in less than a half hour, something I find impossible to replicate on the CBR ;) It is a maintenance dream.

Any how, welcome to the forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
^ Your use of tape is impressive.

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
Just precautionary. Keeps me from scratching things or dropping small bits into bad places:ahhh:

·
Registered
260 Posts
^Oh you're preaching to the choir. It makes perfect sense to me though. I get routinely made fun of by a wrenching buddy for the amount of tape I put on things before I start a job. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow well i wasnt thinking that far ahead haha.
Iam checking out prizes fot the '13 f4r white.

I will do a testrun when i can
Ill keep you posted.

Ty for now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts